User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 03:26 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ever have this happen to you?

I had a pick up for a load anytime before midnight. I pull into the security drive about 5 past. I know all i have left to drive are 2 hours. I pull up behind ACME shipping (not really the name but u know) truck, and i sit there for close to 3-4 minutes. I finally get out, walk far enough away from my truck to see if the driver is actually in the security building. He is. I go back to my truck, wait for another couple minutes, then finally i get out, and walk toward the building. The driver sees me, so he then proceeds to continue in his conversation with the security guard walking toward the trailer of his truck, both men walk right past me, and i go stand in the doorway of the security building. Another minute, and the whole time i can hear them talking about meaningless Shatner, movies, and what not. So finally, i go walk toward the two guys, and stand next to them. The driver kinda looks at me like "you're not part of this conversation...." and he aparently got the message that his time was up and to roll on. The security guy then starts to jot my info down, and the previous driver actually has the nerve to come back and ask where to drop the empty trailer !!! I finally said, "...after all that talking, you didn't ever find out that one nugget of important information??!?" took me close to 30 minutes to do a drop an hook from the time i pulled the parking brake.

i then got on the CB and told the guy that i'm all for B.Sing, and shooting the Shatner, but when there are people behind you waiting in line (regardless of the number) to be a little more considerate. Waste as much of your time as you want, just dont waste someone elses.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

:roll: Can I get the last 60 seconds of my life back please?

:zzz::zzz::zzz:
Old 07-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Board Regular

no kevin..this only happens to you!!! i also am very impressed at the way you waited till he and u were both in your trucks going down the road before you actually confronted him about wasting your time. wouldnt wanna display your anger right there in front of him...he/she may have kicked your ass!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member

The funny part I found was you had to pick it up anytime before midnight and you rolled in at 5 after. And you want other people to be considerate? You, who self admitingly has given other drivers wrong directions and refused to move over let a car merge onto the road. Now you want people to be considerate?
Old 07-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
The funny part I found was you had to pick it up anytime before midnight and you rolled in at 5 after. And you want other people to be considerate? You, who self admitingly has given other drivers wrong directions and refused to move over let a car merge onto the road. Now you want people to be considerate?
brillant!

Old 07-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
no kevin..this only happens to you!!! i also am very impressed at the way you waited till he and u were both in your trucks going down the road before you actually confronted him about wasting your time. wouldnt wanna display your anger right there in front of him...he/she may have kicked your ass!
actually, my previous loads drop was 3 hrs away, then headed to this pick up and traffic was backed up. Gee, go figure. And i may not have made it clear, i had not yet left the yard when i got on my CB. I was still at the shipper, and his truck was 100 ft away. He knew how annoyed i was when i walked toward him and the security guy and stood next to them. I wish he would have came over to my truck, cause i would have asked him, "are you really this stupid, or did you stay at a holiday inn express last night?"

what i find funny, is that almost in every thread i start, it is the same 'stupid' posts from the same 'stupid' people. almost like clockwork.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
what i find funny, is that almost in every thread i start, it is the same 'stupid' posts from the same 'stupid' people. almost like clockwork.
What I find funny is that you still keep posting some of the stupidest stuff on the site and then get all riled up when people call you out on it.
BTW, how's that 21 CPM working out for you?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Quit starting "stupid" threads.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
What I find funny is that you still keep posting some of the stupidest stuff on the site and then get all riled up when people call you out on it.
BTW, how's that 21 CPM working out for you?
lol...21? really?? try twice that...scooter. typical swift hater...
Old 07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Senior Board Member

I see this ***** all the time, Truckers talk smack once there out of clear sight of whom there talking to.... At Truck Stops, Weigh Stations, Etc.. There's some bold ones that will get out and talk some smack to you in your face but far and between..But yeah, i'm not surprise for the Kev to pull some B.S. like this...

I personally would of asked him if he was talking to me and then told him to get out..

AND IF KEVIN IS MAKING 42 CPM THEN I CAN SEE WHY THE SWIFT CHAPTER 13 TALK ALL THE TIME... Unless he's doing Heavy Haul in the west or something thats clearly BS!!