User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Just got my CDL-P

Hi guys. I'm new here and my name is josiah. I've always loved driving. So I'm trying to get into the driving world.

I just got my CDL-P, with all the endorsements I could get. I have the tanker, triple and double, hazmat, and airbreaks. I'm not sure what next step to take to get the CDL license part. I have the learners permit though.

I hear coke cola and pepsi are good about helping new drivers. Anyone have advice on where to go and what to do?

Thanks, josiah.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybanddude View Post
Hi guys. I'm new here and my name is josiah. I've always loved driving. So I'm trying to get into the driving world.

I just got my CDL-P, with all the endorsements I could get. I have the tanker, triple and double, hazmat, and airbreaks. I'm not sure what next step to take to get the CDL license part. I have the learners permit though.

I hear coke cola and pepsi are good about helping new drivers. Anyone have advice on where to go and what to do?

Thanks, josiah.

I have always heard it is hard to get on with Coke or Pepsi, I imagine in this economy it is even harder. Why not try? I work for a company that let me practice a few times in their yard before taking the test. Tennessee wouldn't give me my Hazmat endorsement until I was licensed to drive solo it must be different in Wyoming.

You could probably get passenger bus too. Instead of a truck driving job I drive a school bus.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Rookie
Default Next step

I would say your next step would be to find a good Truck Driving School or check your local community college. Beware that not all truck driving schools are created equal. I make this recomendation over going to a "Company Paid Training" program where you have to sign a contract to work for them for a specified period of time to pay for the training. If you go to truck driving school on your own and have them help you find a job, you will be much better off. You can choose to work for who you want and can quit if you dont like your employer.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Rookie
Default good news

after searching around for almost a week. I've called everyong I could get a number for. I got a hook! The state of wyoming is paying for people to get their cdl to get a better job. The money is coming from the gov, and is to help people with low income to support growing familys. Only thing, Is I've been working in wyoming for three months and might be making too much for them to help me. But still might be a go.

The college is a great place to look because they might be able to help me get grants for it.

Any other ideas from people keep me posted. thanks