User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default driver needs work

Driver needs a job. I have 8 years experience with 3 bad work references. need a company that has a refresher course.

Here is a good reason why you never work for small 10 truck companies.

I went to work for and owner oporater after covenant. think it was a good move. in late 2006 I resigned from the guy taking a better job offer with a good company. was laid off from them. tried another company that turned out to have junk equiptment and a poor saftey record. plus bad wages. lasted 3 weeks with them. and then quit and went to s.r.t's orentation paid my own way at a cost of $500 dollars just to find out 2 days in to orentation. that they couldn't hire me. and they put on my dac that I quit during orentation. so I worked in my brothers shop in indianapolis as a mechanic. and then late november he was offered a chance to lease his only truck on with a little container company. so he took it. and I drove the truck until the 1 of may 2009. that container company went out of business due to a divorce. and he won't give me a reference because he believes he will be back in business soon.. I can't get unemployement. I can't get any kind of state or federal assistance. That is because neither the container company or my own brother will state that I am laid off.. and work is slow in my brothers shop.. and now I am near homeless in indianapolis indiana. and no one here will hire me becuase i am an out of state resident.. so any help for any major trucking company would be great. I really hate indy. I am on the south side. the really bad part of town. and I want out of here..
Old 06-03-2009, 12:18 PM

Hey Matcron,
No offense to you're brother but that is just not right, I would move heaven and earth to help anyone of my three brothers even the one that I think is two faced... It's family and that is that period... Your brother is worried about an unemployment claim over the welfare of family, sounds like a nice guy.... File for unemployment and then let the state make a judgement based on their findings.. In florida you file unemployment, they will then contact the employer, the employer then has to state the reason why you are not working simple as that. Both of these companies will have to tell the state under oath why you are not working, if they lie and you can prove it, then it is their ass. If the state denies your unemployment you have the right to a trial with both companies over the phone, do your homework and get all information as to why you are not working and go file for unemployment today... it is worth a shot...

good luck

Timberwolf

Last edited by TimberWolf; 06-03-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
Hey Matcron,
No offense to you're brother but that is just not right, I would move heaven and earth to help anyone of my three brothers even the one that I think is two faced... It's family and that is that period... Your brother is worried about an unemployment claim over the welfare of family, sounds like a nice guy.... File for unemployment and then let the state make a judgement based on their findings.. In florida you file unemployment, they will then contact the employer, the employer then has to state the reason why you are not working simple as that. Both of these companies will have to tell the state under oath why you are not working, if they lie and you can prove it, then it is their ass. If the state denies your unemployment you have the right to a trial with both companies over the phone, do your homework and get all information as to why you are not working and go file for unemployment today... it is worth a shot...

good luck

Timberwolf
thanks for the info. I think I might have to do a career reset at swift. as much as i hate to say it. that is my only option it looks like. but i guess it could be worse. I do know after this. I will know better then to work for family again. or to take a job for an owner oporater.... once again. thanks for the help.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcron33 View Post
thanks for the info. I think I might have to do a career reset at swift. as much as i hate to say it. that is my only option it looks like. but i guess it could be worse. I do know after this. I will know better then to work for family again. or to take a job for an owner oporater.... once again. thanks for the help.
Swift will basically be a cake-walk compared to alot of small companies.
The last two companies I drove with after my blow with Swift were managed by people who make the worst Swift planners look like saints.