User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

hey BigJeep didja ever get on with Hill Bros and if so how is it goin?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
hey BigJeep didja ever get on with Hill Bros and if so how is it goin?

Yes ...And so far it's good no complaints good miles , excellent equipment , And they don't give you any B.S. as long as you're running decent miles and ontime delivery . Conway fell off my list when I was told I would be shipped out to Phoenix to attend a week long orientation then shipped back to Colorado where my wait would be 2-4 weeks for a truck ,because they had a list exceeding 120 drivers waiting for trucks to become AVAILABLE , So Basicly the proposition of an 1800 mile round trip on the HOUND OF SHAME was more than I cared to endure to work at Conway at that time ...It's not that I don't think conway is a decent company it's just that I had options that wre just as good without the painfull greyhoiund ride .
Old 05-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Senior Board Member

The Future Shop in Thunder Bay, ON is the absolute tightest place I've ever been to. Whoever designed it should be shot! Most guys I know don't even bother, they just drop their trailer and a local company with a shunt truck drops it in the dock and gets it out for you as well.

I managed to get mine in, but it took me close to an hour IIRC. You had to have the tandems in the exact right spot. Too far ahead and the rear would hit the building. Too far back and they'd hit the pole. The hole was very narrow and you couldn't see anything!

Punch this into google maps:

1-767 memorial ave, thunder bay, on

The future shop is the building on the right. The dock faces west. You come very close to hitting the northwest corner of the building with your truck. You have to in order to get the trailer to swing enough and miss the pole. From there your steer tires are inches away from the curb as you follow the trailer. You have to do at least 10-15 pull ups even if you've been there many times.

So now imagine your trailer is swinging towards the building and you can see you're going to miss the pole. But now the problem is you cannot see the building whatsoever. You have to be inches from it and the pole because the hole is so narrow.

Even getting out of there takes quite a while.