User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009, 06:01 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
scottsdale pd would have given me a parking ticket if the overhang on the public sidewalk was more than 10 inches. fortunately for me, it was not. the residents of the neighborhood didn't care when i'd bring it home and park it. there are people with 3 axle r/v's parked in the road for months at a time. if somebody whined about the bobtail being parked on MY property, i'd have complained about the r/v's being parked in the road.

Hi, Syncrosonix! That's awesome that you are able to park at home without any issues! As soon as they spotted the bobtail, they would probably give me a ticket (the first and every chance they could get here). There's a NO TRUCKS sign as soon as you come off of the main road into the subdivision.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Salt_19 View Post
Madaxeman have you now found a co. to drive for?

I know a couple of weeks back yo inquired about Roehl, who has a terminal in Gary, In.
how did that turn out.

Best of luck to ya on whatever you decide.
Thanks, Old Salt! I did apply to Roehl last week. I haven't heard back from them yet. I am calling everyone back this week. Gary is about an hour away without traffic but that could work for me.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josborn View Post
Well, I don't know if this will help you or not....I would check with the tax authorities around there.... maybe you can buy a lot from a tax sale.

Do your homework, and get a lot in a area where your truck wouldn't be messed with...

But I would check it out. You could pick up a lot fairly cheap....
Thanks for the suggestion, Josborn! Land isn't cheap around here though. I will probably only be around here maybe 4-6 days a month anyway.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 AM

You can park it at my house,
as long as you don't bring the trailer.

pronghornracer
Old 03-18-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronghornracer View Post
You can park it at my house,
as long as you don't bring the trailer.

pronghornracer
Thanks for the offer! If I can't find anything here, I may move and take you up on it.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Senior Board Member

I used to live in the Chicago area & have relatives all over Franklin park & other suburbs. I had to move from there. you can spend $300,000 on a home & the town council will tell you what you can or cannot park in your own driveway. along with all the other bureaucracy, makes ya feel like you dont have the freedom you thought you did. thats why I moved south. moving from Chicago - to AL. is like moving from Cuba to the U.S. I can park a bulldozer where I live now & I don't ask for any one's permmision..
Old 03-19-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss View Post
I used to live in the Chicago area & have relatives all over Franklin park & other suburbs. I had to move from there. you can spend $300,000 on a home & the town council will tell you what you can or cannot park in your own driveway. along with all the other bureaucracy, makes ya feel like you dont have the freedom you thought you did. thats why I moved south. moving from Chicago - to AL. is like moving from Cuba to the U.S. I can park a bulldozer where I live now & I don't ask for any one's permmision..
I hear ya! I've been here all of my life and am sick of living here. Illinois, the counties, the suburbs and Chicago (and their out of control spending...and crooked politicians) trying to control everything you do and doing nothing for you. The solution to overspending and an $11B state deficit? Let's raise taxes on everything! Now, Governor Pat Quinn wants a 50% hike in state income tax, 8% state sale tax (already in place), $99 license plate renewals every year, 100% drivers license fee hike, etc. They just doubled the state tax on cigarettes to $2/pack this month and now he wants to raise it another $1/pack. That doesn't include the state sale tax. Local taxes...they charge you an "entertainment tax" to eat (on top of sales tax). I thought eating was a pretty basic need! What the hell is that? You have Richard Daley Capone auctioning off the city. Let's charge $7-10/pack of cigarettes, watch everyone go to suburbs to buy them, then complain we lost revenues from cigarettes taxes! People will start to avoid shopping in the city. Who wants to dump $3.50 into a parking meter every hour? Stupidity rules the stupid voters who allow this kind of action to transpire! You shouldn't have gotten me started...hahaha!

That's awesome that you live where you have that kind of freedom! I am ready to move to the south. First, I need to find a job and make some money though. Hopefully, I can find one here soon. Nobody seems to be hiring because of freight volumes here. I just borrowed money to get my hazmat and a passport. I don't know if that will help in my search but it will expand my qualifications and abilities. I lived in NC (between Asheville, Spartanburg and Charlotte) for a few months in 2006. I loved it there! You are absolutely right! The south is like a completely different country from here. You can make about as much money and it costs you a fraction to live your life. You can do it in a more suitable way, too.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaxeman View Post
There's a NO TRUCKS sign as soon as you come off of the main road into the subdivision.
Question, will you bring home a trailer ? Are there any of your neighors, have R/V's parked in your neighborhood ?

I had the police talk to me about me bringing my home, and I was nice about it and told them I live in this here truck, there for it is an R/V I also pull a trailer with it, there for it is a truck. :smokin: He gave me a dirty look, I asked him to trun around, and about two blocks down there was a R/V with a boat behind it parked in front of someones house. :lol: I told him if I could not park in my drive way with a truck, then the dude down the street cant park his truck and trailer on the street. :lol:

I have had no problums since :thumbsup: and the R/V is still sitting down the street.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Madaxeman... I used to go to bells' gun range to shoot guns many years ago.(I know theyr'e closed ) I have family with great connections in the city. I have a brother who is very high with in the teamsters & my mother runs Wrigley field.(CUBS PARK) I could easily get work there. I just dont like it as I once did. I left in 90' & moved here to take a min wage job. it has worked out great. I know full well exactly how things work there. for those who may not know.... the garbage men look close thrue your garbage when emptying your trash cans. if they see anything resembling any type of remodeling ( a few nails, a 4 inch piece of drywall, a wire, e.t.c you will be getting a visit from the local inspector asking, where is your permit. YOU dont hammer a nail in your wall without getting permission. these are not stories. these are actual events that took place.. and EVERYONE is looking for a payoff. you pad their back pocket or you do not do business there.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by --grande-- View Post
Question, will you bring home a trailer ? Are there any of your neighors, have R/V's parked in your neighborhood ?

I had the police talk to me about me bringing my home, and I was nice about it and told them I live in this here truck, there for it is an R/V I also pull a trailer with it, there for it is a truck. :smokin: He gave me a dirty look, I asked him to trun around, and about two blocks down there was a R/V with a boat behind it parked in front of someones house. :lol: I told him if I could not park in my drive way with a truck, then the dude down the street cant park his truck and trailer on the street. :lol:

I have had no problums since :thumbsup: and the R/V is still sitting down the street.
No dice here. You can't have jacksquat in a driveway or on the street! They are really anal about everything here. I read the local regulations and it states it clearly that you aren't parking that thing in the driveway here!