User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I use whatever paper logbooks the company gives me. I keep them current and precise with clean lines made by RULERS! Everytime I've been inspected, the officer just flips thru them and "assumes" they are correct because they are so NEAT. Wow... just saved myself $39!!
I barely have room for a fridge in my truck. I can't even fathom having a PRINTER somewhere in there! But then, I get home every weekend to turn in my logs and such.
you saved MORE than 39 dollars, you also saved the price of a printer, but what works for you isnt for everybody
Old 02-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I barely have room for a fridge in my truck. I can't even fathom having a PRINTER somewhere in there! But then, I get home every weekend to turn in my logs and such.
Yeah, getting a printer in there amongst all of the Coors Light probably would be a challenge.

Every weekend? Wake up Ghobo! Lifestyle trucker!

Old 12-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Rookie

I would like to know what Eclipse users are using for a printer. Where do you keep the printer? Is it a PIA to fire up your laptop, connect to the printer and do your log at the end of the day? I guess you need either an inverter or an APU to run the printer.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member

A laptop and a small inkjet printer will run on a 150 watt (cig lighter) inverter.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Another member mentioned another company for doing your daily log on your computer. This company is called Eclipse. I've already downloaded DriversDailyLog.com's program, and tested it out. Figure i'd give Eclipse a whirl. I like Eclipse, it is SUPER basic.......HOWEVER......

I know for a fact that DDL.com has several templates for different companies you can download so when it goes to print, it prints off like your company logbook. Eclipse however, i cannot find any templates....and there is one thread within the website from someone saying they just hired on with a company but they dont accept computer log sheets from Eclipse, just DDL.com.

Price dont matter. I am all ready to buy the DDL.com program for $95. With the Swift discount, the Eclipse program will run me $60 less, BUT it is a waste of money if i buy that program, and Swift dont accept logs from them because they do not have a template.

anybody help??? You you drive for (if you care to share) and if you do your logs on a laptop, what program do you use???
Eclipse will make any form you need, they just need a copy of your companies log, and a letter of permission if it is copyrighted, there is no charge, they already have most big companies logs in their data-base
Old 12-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucesmith View Post
I would like to know what Eclipse users are using for a printer. Where do you keep the printer? Is it a PIA to fire up your laptop, connect to the printer and do your log at the end of the day? I guess you need either an inverter or an APU to run the printer.
I'm not using computerized logbooks but here's the printer I use in my truck. It's a little pricey but it's battery powered and it's bluetooth. It's a different animal than your typical inkjet and some people don't like it, but it suits me. It doesn't turn on automatically when there's something you print, you have to manually turn it on. And there isn't a paper tray. Paper sits almost vertically on top. So in a truck what I end of doing is loading paper into the printer whenever I use it.

Even with the minor inconveniences I love it. It lasts quite a while on a charge and it's paper-handling is top notch and I keep it in my luggage so I always have it with me.

It's not cheap though.

Amazon.com: HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer: Electronics
Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Rookie

Michigan driver: That is one cool printer. I like the idea that you do not have to run any cables. Amazon has that in a refurb for $169.00.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucesmith View Post
Michigan driver: That is one cool printer. I like the idea that you do not have to run any cables. Amazon has that in a refurb for $169.00.
It is pretty cool. My laptop doesn't have bluetooth builtin so I had to buy a dongle that plugs into a usb port but it didn't cost much. One thing about it that I forgot to mention. It's a little bulkier than I thought it would be. But then again it feels a lot more solid than I thought it would. It's a tradeoff. The main attraction for me is I've always got it with me whether I'm in my truck or in a hotel room or even at home.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Senior Board Member