User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Why short yourself time just toss that log sheet ,and instead of leaving at 0600 and arriving at 0800 then waiting until 1200...just wait until unloaded and then you can decide what time to show leaving/arriving .
but why do that, then get stopped at a chicken house, and asked to bring in your log book, then you make a mistake drawing your line, and you show driving 100 miles in an 1.25 or something.

Not to mention the company can audit you, and cross check your QC tracking info to your log. i ran into a situation where i made it to a cosignee with 15 min to drive, and an hour left to 'work'. They tell me it will take an hour to get me unloaded. Now i know there is a truck stop 10 miles away....so I (shhhhhh) pre-log everything showing using up every minute of my 11 and 14, but yet i was 30 min over my 14 before i set the brakes at the truck stop.

Holding my breath for the next couple weeks that i dont get an audit. But then again, i wasnt going to bust my tail getting the load there, only to have to take it to a truck stop, and come back in 10 hours, only to sit for another 2 THEN sit for the rest of the day waiting for a load. Kinda sucks when a 30 min. window could make or break wasting another day, or just part of it.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
The moment you go to line 4 to start your day...your 14-hr clock is ticking. (forget all the stuff about split sleeper) everything counts against the 14.

)
So IT IS legal for me to go to line 1 during my 14 hr day?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Board Member

I really want to see the log book of whomever on this board can truly and honestly say they log legal 100% of the time, adhering completely with 395

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 02-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
yes as many times as you want or need, when ever your not driveing or working you should be on line 1 or 2 just make sure if your logging line 2 (sleeper) that your really in it and not in the T/S playing vidio games. BUT!! Remember being on line 1 does NOT stop your 14hr clock.Unless you take your full break .

5 pages
Old 02-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
I really want to see the log book of whomever on this board can truly and honestly say they log legal 100% of the time, adhering completely with 395
ill be the first to say i was wrong. i remember when i first posted on this board, and started driving solo, i said i'll always log legal. well i do....but like in the situation above, you just cant. well i guess you CAN, but that is if you like sitting and dont like money. =)
Old 02-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
Yes.:thumbsup:
oh...leaving LA for PHX...i was ready this time, Rev.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Banning.jpg (19.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Why short yourself time just toss that log sheet ,and instead of leaving at 0600 and arriving at 0800 then waiting until 1200...just wait until unloaded and then you can decide what time to show leaving/arriving .
That's what I do everyday. Rewrite the log sheet for the day everynight when I shut down and take the 2 hour nap after dinner out. Some how it makes your 10 hour break shorter lol
Old 02-21-2009, 03:42 PM
BANNED
Rookie

what you gotta do is have one logbook under your seet and one thats all nice and pretty for the DOT man. when you roll into the chikencoop you show em the legitamate one and when your movin you dont log notin at all. you just drive until you get 715 miles per day don't matter how long it takes you. at the end of the day go back and draw lines with a nice sharp ballpoint pen and make it look nice and legal and all and then divide your odomater miles by 65 mph. aint nobody invented a way to get paid when the wheels dont turn so you gotta keep em movin if you want to earn a good payday. If you get tired just pop some nodoze pills and drink about 2 monster energy drinks then polish it off with a redbull. onetime I bought some a this powdered stuff from a Mexican guy at the Pilot down in Dallas and I ran like the wind for 3 days straight now that sure was a big settlement check!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
oh...leaving LA for PHX...i was ready this time, Rev.
Fire me off a PM. I'm in PHX the entire weekend.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Okay, this time I'll be nice and be a little more specific.

You can log line 1 during the day as long as you are free to pursue activities of your choice. Basically (and this is how the regs word it), you have to be "relieved of duty" by your motor carrier.

If you are sitting in your driver's seat waiting to unload, you are on line 3. (I'm sure golfhobo will disagree) If you are in the sleeper berth waiting to unload, you are on line 2. If you aren't free to leave to go eat or do another activity of your choice while you are waiting to unload, you are on line 4. (although most people would log it as line 1 to save hours).

But yes - it is legal to log line 1 during your 14 hour day. Most carriers relieve their drivers of duty for lunch periods. I've had carriers I've run for who actually gave me cards that stated such.

§395.2 Definitions.

On Duty time
means all time from the time a driver begins to work or is required to be in readiness to work until the time the driver is relieved from work and all responsibility for performing work. On-duty time shall include:

(1) All time at a plant, terminal, facility, or other property of a motor carrier or shipper, or on any public property, waiting to be dispatched, unless the driver has been relieved from duty by the motor carrier;

(2) All time inspecting, servicing, or conditioning any commercial motor vehicle at any time;

(3) All driving time as defined in the term driving time;

(4) All time, other than driving time, in or upon any commercial motor vehicle except time spent resting in a sleeper berth;

(5) All time loading or unloading a commercial motor vehicle, supervising, or assisting in the loading or unloading, attending a commercial motor vehicle being loaded or unloaded, remaining in readiness to operate the commercial motor vehicle, or in giving or receiving receipts for shipments loaded or unloaded;

(6) All time repairing, obtaining assistance, or remaining in attendance upon a disabled commercial motor vehicle;

(7) All time spent providing a breath sample or urine specimen, including travel time to and from the collection site, in order to comply with the random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, or follow-up testing required by part 382 of this subchapter when directed by a motor carrier;

(8) Performing any other work in the capacity, employ, or service of, a motor carrier; and

(9) Performing any compensated work for a person who is not a motor carrier.