User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
LOL.........well, look at the bright side Big Jeep! You could have ended up like this poor coolie carrier soul............... You ain't got nothing on this 50's guy Jeep LOL:lol::moon:

50's...well next Jeep build I'll need to step up my game from 44' boggers to 54's...But I remember playing the OTR game with GTS ,And running 1200-1500 miles a week ,and being expected to run the truck like I was driving a daycab on a local run only running the truck during shift ,And getting QC nasty messages for idiling for heat and AC ...I remember having a lady from the fuel department come out looking for my truck while parked at the GTS grand rapids terminal ,because the QC showed the truck running ...well it was 93 and I was sleeping when the bi@ch came knocking on my cab ,however I was not idiling I only had my fans on ,but with the key turned to the on position the QC showed truck running ...a smarter person than her could have seen no rpm data and realized truck was off ...

After paying $140.00 out of pocket for a 2 day motel stay in 100+ Dallas,TX and having only earned about $350.00 gross for the week it became very clear that I needed to re-examine my career choice ,And about 2 months later I handed them the keys ,and was looking to gamble on another OTR driving job ,but I decided to take a sure thing that pays hourly rather than spend another year OTR being paid on a system of CPM where my weekly pay is a gamble based on hoping to get miles .
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Rookie
Location: God's Kingdom but I frequent Kansas at least once a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
. But the funny thing was the head of the fuel department could keep a straight face while suggesting these options during idle counsiling .
Now thats funny:lol2:
Lord may I grow to become a Wise, Good, man
Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
I found a cooler that works !! Wanted to get any opinions from other drivers about this product. I was at a Pilot east of Memphis a month or so ago and saw one of those ROADPRO coolers. they were selling it for $69.99. Everywhere else i've seen them, they go for $20 more. I finally ran into another Pilot selling them for the lower price, so bought it. It fits perfectly under the lower cubbie hole in my volvo right behind the passenger seat. It works really really well, and keeps things MUCH colder than the Coleman cooler i had before.

Anybody have this ROADPRO cooler, and what problems, if any, have you had with it??

okay, i am an official 'RoadPro' product hater. WHAT A PIECE OF **** !!!!!!! I have had this cooler for what....9 days, and it's already ruined about $20-30 worth of ****. The plug went out (had a short), so went to wal-mart and bought a replacement and fixed it. Worked fine, then notice that THAT plug was toasted. Fuse was fine, but all my meat, etc. i dont know how long it has gone since not cooling, but i'm not going to chance eating it, and getting sick.

can ANYBODY give me the name of a cooler that ***in works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm going to put this cooler behind my trailer, and see what it looks like after i back over it, then take a picture of it, and send it to RoadPro and tell them what i think of their ****.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Rookie

I apologize for bump this old thread, but I would like to share my experience in this matter, since when I was looking for good advice on this topic for myself.
The best performance by a good margin was block ice, especially if it's brought down to a lower temp in a home freezer before use. For example I just checked my freezer side of my fridge and a block of ice in there is currently at -26.2*F. The Techni-ice would start off just as cold, but is not as long lasting as block ice, but it's longer lasting than bag ice, while also being lighter weight.

Any time I pack the cooler, it's always a tradeoff between how much ice to use and how much beer will fit. If the purpose is to keep beer cold with no other source of ice for 6 days, I'd probably use 1 block of ice and a couple of Techni-ice sheets at either end of the cooler. If I only needed to keep the beer cold for 3 or 4 days, I'd probably opt for 6 - 8 sheets of Techni-ice and get a few more beers in the cooler, while also saving weight. In short,My T-I https://coolerexp.com/best-beverage-cooler-review/ has replaced bag ice when I have no source of ice on the trip. If I'm camping in the RV, it's not a issue because I have an ice maker that puts out about 20 lbs of ice between breakfast and dinner.

My fave setup for 2-3 day trips is one cooler for food with T-I layered in it, food stays really cold, doesn't get soggy. One cooler for water and soda with T-I in it and a 3rd cooler with beer, ice cubes and rock salt to get it colder, it doesn't melt any faster.I like watching a video on YouTube on such topics, I'll leave you one of them here, I hope it will useful to someone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGT6p0anc9Q
Old 10-25-2019, 08:03 AM
Rookie

I use Cooluli electric cooler from last ten years, I buy it from https://fridgesreviews.com/cooluli-m...-option-white/ it come with AC/DC and USB adapters. It works awesome.

Last edited by pkfridges; 10-25-2019 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:47 AM
Rookie

Small Ice Makers are the best for the chilling cocktails and soft drinks in the outdoor summer parties. Sometimes, we need more ice than our freezer can afford. Home labs Portable Ice Maker is the best portable ice maker I got recently. it Makes 26 lbs of Ice per 24 hours, Ice Cubes will be ready in 8 Minutes. This powerful ice maker creates delicious, chewable, bullet-shaped ice up to 1. 5 lbs. Features small or medium size options for bullet shape ice easily fit in water bottle openings, and the medium size is perfect for mixed drinks and more.