User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile USA Truck equipment upgrades

Well seems like USA Truck is upgrading their equipment. Their website states the company is now ordering and running International 9400i and Prostars and Kenworth T660s, all equipped with jakes, power windows and door locks, 72" sleepers, inverters, and Eaton Ultrashift automatics, and premium interior trim. Also have all aluminum wheels. Guess you might say they went from stripped to equipped. Glad to hear it!
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:02 PM
Board Regular

Wow, that is nice I suppose. Still will not make that company worth driving for. I worked there for about a year and half and they never paid for a single truck wash. They will buy all those new trucks and between their mechanics and all the rookies they hire the trucks do not stand a chance. Might even give their drivers a pay cut because they have "nicer" trucks now. Kinda like TMC and the drivers that work there with the shiny pipes syndrome.
No offense, just my opinion.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Lips View Post
Wow, that is nice I suppose. Still will not make that company worth driving for. I worked there for about a year and half and they never paid for a single truck wash. They will buy all those new trucks and between their mechanics and all the rookies they hire the trucks do not stand a chance. Might even give their drivers a pay cut because they have "nicer" trucks now. Kinda like TMC and the drivers that work there with the shiny pipes syndrome.
No offense, just my opinion.

I remember helping a driver from USA truck back a slot at the Pilot in Staunton, VA I-81 ex 213 ...It was difficult helping him B/C he hardly spoke English .
Old 12-31-2008, 11:46 PM
Senior Board Member

I guess anything to try to keep the rats from jumping off of the ship. They should just keep the stripped down trucks and pay the drivers more.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Board Regular

Having nicer trucks now has nothing to do with attracting drivers, it has to do with resale value for the trucks when they get turned in. Stevens Transport used to equip all their T600's and T2000's with steel wheels, no jakes, no power anything until nobody wanted to buy the POS at trade in time, Now they equip all their trucks with aluminum rims, jakes, power, same chit, different company.

Last edited by boneebone; 01-01-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
I remember helping a driver from USA truck back a slot at the Pilot in Staunton, VA I-81 ex 213 ...It was difficult helping him B/C he hardly spoke English .
i've been to that pilot before. it was shitty and people were parking their trucks wherever they could. one guy blocked the access road on the northwest side of the lot. he had himself a rude awakening by a pissed off local cop. that's one of the many pilots i don't plan on ever going back to.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post
i've been to that pilot before. it was shitty and people were parking their trucks wherever they could. one guy blocked the access road on the northwest side of the lot. he had himself a rude awakening by a pissed off local cop. that's one of the many pilots i don't plan on ever going back to.
well first of all thats a pilot for you lol...I go thru there all the time at night and you can see them boys lined up all around the building to the on ramp.. second, next time do yourself a favor go down to the 195 off of I-81/I-64 go to the Lee-Hi Truck Plaza.. PLENTY OF PARKING AND GREAT FOOD... Place is Kind of Old but not a bad overall facility..

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneebone
Having nicer trucks now has nothing to do with attracting drivers, it has to do with resale value for the trucks when they get turned in. Stevens Transport used to equip all their T600's and T2000's with steel wheels, no jakes, no power anything until nobody wanted to buy the POS at trade in time, Now they equip all their trucks with aluminum rims, jakes, power, same chit, different company.
Well how sure are you?? i'm for one would take a little bit of a pay cut right this second to get into some better well maintain equipment than the trucks i'm driving now.. I've heard a few drivers around my way not wanting to drive for a specific company due to how old their fleet was and so on...

And Also you do have a point.. Because if it does Attract Drivers Most Drivers probably would be lining up to Drive for England and Prime.. Say what you want about the company but they have some damn nice trucks....
Old 01-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix View Post

I like this Pilot b/c the slots are easy backing ,and because it seems 50% of the rivers that shut down there do so along side the entrance road there is always a slot or 2 open .Now the crappy one is at exit 150 I-81 right across the street from that crappy T/A ...I would not park at either ,but especially the T/A ...unless I wanted a missing hood .

I did park that T/A once I backed in next to a car hauler who left shortly after leaving a gallon jug of urine in the slot...well I was going to put on my gloves on and move it ,but I decided not to ...MISTAKE...because after I fell asleep a CR England driver backed in and ran over that jug that had been sitting in 100 degree temps all day and exploded it all over my drivers side door/steps...I had to take jugs of water and rinse the truck off as a temp fix until after delivery and get truck wash .
Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Board Icon

Midnight Flyer!! Where ya been.
Ya know, one night a couple weeks ago, I heard on the radio that USA Trucks were gonna get Kay Whoppers. I dunno, but it sounds like they are getting better.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
Midnight Flyer!! Where ya been.
Ya know, one night a couple weeks ago, I heard on the radio that USA Trucks were gonna get Kay Whoppers. I dunno, but it sounds like they are getting better.

It would be hard for them to get any worse.