User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
I drove past two HUGE trains, atleast a mile long maybe longer. BNSF cars and everyone loaded with trailers. Now i know the mega-carrier is partly to blame for the lower rates for freight, but come on.....instead of getting all butt-hurt and being all upset ONLY with them....start blaming the shipper for sending trailers over rail.
The shipper sends it the cheapest way possible.

Quote:
Besides....the trailer has to get from the railyard to the drop. least 100% of the miles arent being taken.
The carrier is still getting the $.

Quote:
But my real reason i wanted to post here tonight...what is proper etiquette when two drivers want the same parking spot, but both are 3-4 truck lengths away from it?? Heres what happened to me. I pulled into a Pilot off I-40 exit 42 just outside memphis. I didnt see any signs saying "exit only", but i knew the fuel islands were down the street. There was an 'enterance' closer to my end of the road i was on....so i went in. I happened to glance at what might have been an open spot, in the first row. I might just be able to pull right in. So i swung wide....didnt cut anybody off or anything...but i did notice another truck, a skateboard, pulling down the noses of trucks in the 2nd row. I continued my momentum, and started to turn right to pull thru to the parking spot. I had my CB on, and heard just as i got half way into the turn the other driver saying, "Swift....you park there, you're gonna get your ass whooped". I parked it...set my brakes and shut the engine off. Then listened to him whine for the next 2-3 minutes, and kept saying "i should kick your ass"....and a couple other drivers pitched in, trying to get him worked up more...and said, "yeah, i'd kick his ass". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAH.....i couldnt do anything but laugh my ass off. I didnt do it to piss him off, he didnt have a turn signal on or anything...so how was i to know he wanted that spot?? Someone told him there were more spots in the back, and actually 5 minutes after i parked, the guy next to me pulled out. But he said "nah i'm already down to mile marker 43."
Short of laughing at him, I'd say you didn't do anything wrong. You didn't mention if you were the one who told him about the open spot, but if you were, then that was good form.:thumbsup:

was i 'wrong'? the way i look at it....first come, first serve. you want a good parking spot...you better get there a minute before another guy takes it.[/quote]
Old 01-13-2009, 02:56 PM

A friend of mine that works for CSX asked me the other day what would happen to truckin if CSX started running trucks as well? So what do yall think would happen?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Having trouble getting to sleep?

This ought to help:

Let's Get Get Those Freight Trucks Off the Road and Put America Back on Tracks | Vision | AlterNet
Old 01-13-2009, 05:49 PM

I am talking about if CSX moved something across the country by rail then had there own trucks at the rail to take it to the dock. Just think of what it would do if they had CSX trucks to run from dock to rail and rail to dock.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
I am talking about if CSX moved something across the country by rail then had there own trucks at the rail to take it to the dock. Just think of what it would do if they had CSX trucks to run from dock to rail and rail to dock.
CSX already has their own trucking division,they lease mostly owner operators to pull from the railyards. And by the way they are one of the cheapest and worst container hauling companies.

Welcome to CSXI.com: Customers - Trucking Operations Overview - Trucking Operations (Bottom)

Old 01-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
CSX already has their own trucking division,they lease mostly owner operators to pull from the railyards. And by the way they are one of the cheapest and worst container hauling companies.

You sir, are absolutely correct.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.