User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Help I need info

The company I work for is closing down,I have my cdl's,but have been off the road since 2001.
I dont hazmat,but could get it if needed,I am just hoping I would not have yo go to some high priced driving school for a refreasher,any thoughs or good words would help a ex chicken hauling truck driver
Old 12-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith42570 View Post
The company I work for is closing down,I have my cdl's,but have been off the road since 2001.
I dont hazmat,but could get it if needed,I am just hoping I would not have yo go to some high priced driving school for a refreasher,any thoughs or good words would help a ex chicken hauling truck driver

Seven years is a long time. You didn't say what you have been doing those years.

Alabama has a new steel mill about to open, a new aircraft assembly plant in the works..maybe sort of.....and the shipyards in Biloxi and Pascagola are hiring.

If doing the CDL is what you want...check with the state for re-training, since the company you work for is closing.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Rookie
Default last job

I worked in a family owned buisness Orange,we made cutting dies for the box industry.
Like pizza boxes,and storage boxes
Old 12-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith42570 View Post
I worked in a family owned buisness Orange,we made cutting dies for the box industry.
Like pizza boxes,and storage boxes

If driving is what you want to do...with the economy the way it is...it isn't good for big paychecks, your going to need to get "re-trained- for the CDL. Just the way they make from the insurance industry. Check with the state about getting free training because of the job closing shop.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Rookie
Default thanks Orange

I figured that Orange,just having a hard time trying to come up with the cash to take up a refreasher.I do appreciate your response....now I have to go out and get some quotes for training again