User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OR....how about this one Hawk....you get behind a tactor-trailer, and you know he is slow and you can pass....so you check your mirrors, change lanes and get 3/4ths the way up along side, and THEN s/he decides they want to race you, so they step on it. It is either that, or they see the company you work for, and there is just NO WAY they're going to get passed by YOU.

How dumb is THAT....risk an accident, just cause you dont want to get passed.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Board Icon

That bugs me a tiny bit Kevin. How about the one that likes to go slow, once you get by them they get right up on your tail and ride you. Or instead of riding you, they pass you right back then slow back down again.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Senior Board Member

At that point, i take down the trailer number, MAYBE try to pass again, but if anything, also jot down that "how am i driving" number, or call that company directly, and say who you are, who you drive for, where you were at, etc...then give them the trailer # and they can tell who it is with just a few key strokes.

I had a driver do that actually. First time i thought he was slowing because of another car, or because of an emergency vehicle or something. Wasn't in danger of an accident, i was going 55 and he slowed to 45-50 in a matter of a hundred yards. (being the safe driver i am....as soon as he repassed me, and pulled in front of me, i slowed down anyways to put a few seconds more distance between me and him)

I wouldnt have called the company on him, but he made an exit for a truck stop about a mile later.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
This happens anywhere on the East Coast everyday all day. In fact, I believe you must master the skill of blocking up all the lanes possible in order to get your license these days...........or that's the way it seems with so many people acting stupid like that. VA has started placing signs that if someone flashes their headlights at you and you do not heed the flash by moving over out of their way, they can call the police and have you ticketed. The most basic road rules are that you do not pass on the right and that the left lane is for passing only, not riding in it. If your being passed on the right, your in the wrong lane. The biggest culprits of those not heeding for the faster vehicles, cellphone drivers.

I'd heard they were making it illegal for drivers to talk on their cell phone while drivng. (I sure hope so).