Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
Do it.

Don't do it.

I hear those words all day long. 8)

Nike says Do it. :wink:
that is funny,addidas told me nothing is impossible!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
Get a hold of Star Transport based in Morton, IL. Like I said I happen to know someone who drives for them. http://www.startransport.com and their number is 800-548-6082 You'll run some Canada but I don't know how often you will though.
Sorry, but that is one company I have not heard anything good about. In fact....having spoken to a few of their drivers... I would never refer them.

On the other hand.... even though I left CFI two years ago... I have stayed in touch with some of my friends...they seem pretty happy there.

But then again....the question is this: If this person lives in the "Chicago" area....why isn't he checking with tanker outfits? If, though he is carrying a greencard, but from a civilized first-world country, why couldn't he get a hazmat endorsement and get a job that pays better money pulling a tanker and not spending as much time OTR and making more money?

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:17 AM

Everyone had to start somewhere, usually not where they wanted The first year ya gotta pay some dues, only you can decide what trade offs you're willing to make.

The haz-mat test isn't really that difficult, but you do have to study the manual to prepare. I would do it if you don't have a "dis qualifier" in your history. Enough drivers are not willing or not able to maintain the endorsement, it may work to your advantage. Doubles, triples, tanks and hazmat, I've used all of them, some more than others, but there are more options.

As to the mountain driving, I agree if it's not comfortable I'd go slow. But at some point you'll need to take the plunge. Just keep it in a really low gear and go super slow, people will pass and you'll gain confidence. Never let your confidence fool you....... out in the west it's Eisenhower, the Grapevine, Ashland and Cabbage....... let the supertruckers pass you.

BOL
Old 09-21-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farder
If you work for Schneider, you'll go where they tell you to go. That's how that works.
yea, hes right...the pumpkin people r forced dispatch...tehy WILL put it on your DAC report if u turn down a load for any reason...wiht your lack of experience i'd not reccomend going wiht that option
Old 09-21-2008, 03:29 AM
Rookie

You guys are good pepole,like to help newbies.
The reason i want to do the OTR first is , i don't have any experiance yet, i just got off school on Aug 6, I really need some experice on the road first.
is any tank company will hiring new drivers without any experice?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluHeeler
Everyone had to start somewhere, usually not where they wanted The first year ya gotta pay some dues, only you can decide what trade offs you're willing to make.

The haz-mat test isn't really that difficult, but you do have to study the manual to prepare. I would do it if you don't have a "dis qualifier" in your history. Enough drivers are not willing or not able to maintain the endorsement, it may work to your advantage. Doubles, triples, tanks and hazmat, I've used all of them, some more than others, but there are more options.

As to the mountain driving, I agree if it's not comfortable I'd go slow. But at some point you'll need to take the plunge. Just keep it in a really low gear and go super slow, people will pass and you'll gain confidence. Never let your confidence fool you....... out in the west it's Eisenhower, the Grapevine, Ashland and Cabbage....... let the supertruckers pass you.
I don't have any felony or DUI's all i got is two speeding tickets, one is 2years ago, the other is a year ago,both of them are issued by Michigan state troopers,shit!
those are before i got my CDL when I was 21.

BOL
Old 09-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Rookie

Roehl doesn't force its drivers to run Canada. However, if you choose to be ineligible to run Canada, it cuts a percentage out of any quarterly bonuses you may earn.