User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Did you not read the part of my post where I said that TBrown's "SO" is probably going to have to take a job that does not pay so well, to get re-established...to get re-habilited..so to speak?
I understnd that....but you need at least $50-60k to live decent in SD. The rents, taxes, fuel prices, etc are through the roof there. $1000/month gets you a studio apartment at best...a far different world than in 1985. He's only gonna make around $30-$35k at those jobs so his options are probably only OTR at this point.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrown
Hey Orangetxguy...if you'll notice, I had already apologized to you. Maybe you hadn't seen it yet...

Also, I know that he doesn't have a lot of experience, but he does have two years verifiable. He's learned the hard way that you can't push yourself, ignore your self-care, and agree to push the way he was pushed by his company at times. As you said in your earlier post, "it isn't easy being a professional driver." He got too stressed out and stayed out too long...it bit him in the butt at the end... :cry:

P.S. By the way, my bad...the correct spelling is germane!
Your right..I didn't see your apology post there TB...Good luck though. Seems like if you stuck around this long, you can handle a little more hard work.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Did you not read the part of my post where I said that TBrown's "SO" is probably going to have to take a job that does not pay so well, to get re-established...to get re-habilited..so to speak?
I understnd that....but you need at least $50-60k to live decent in SD. The rents, taxes, fuel prices, etc are through the roof there. $1000/month gets you a studio apartment at best...a far different world than in 1985. :shock: :shock: :shock: He's only gonna make around $30-$35k at those jobs so his options are probably only OTR at this point.
That's just the way the cookie crumbles. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I understand that...which is why I asked TB if SHE can put up with her SO making less money, so that her Man can start at a job that will give him the opportunity to rehabilitate his record. He is going to have to start some where. Also..if he performs well locally, he is more likely to receive increased wages, as his employer's "See" that improved performance.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER !!!

Someone hit his head during the night...look what has happened!!! "LBJ / CFM" admits OTR might actually be a BEST option for a driver !!!

DANGER.......DANGER.......DANGER !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Old 08-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

OTXGuy is a CAD rabble rouser. :lol:

Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

When you have a spotless background with plenty of experience your opportunities are much different than if you have a lot problems in your background. Like OrangeTxGuy stated, you may have to start with something less desirable just to get started again. You can over come these problems, but it may take some time.