Old 08-02-2008, 06:36 PM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Nothing like tossing mud in the Mississippi to clear up the water. :roll:

The simple answer is:

In the remarks section you can do one of two things.

You can bracket in the time frame for all events at a single location recorded on a single status line and write the location once, or at the start and end of each change of duty status you can record the location.

Personally I always bracketed. I felt it makes the log book look at little neater and more efficient.

If your company wants it done one way or another though you should comply. It is not worth the fight, and as anyone who has been around for a while and has even a clue as to the regs can tell you many safety department personnel have no idea what is company policy and what is actually a regulation.
We should thank our lucky stars that Mr. Mom, who has not driven a CMV in years, cleared everything up.... :lol:
Old 08-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

Simple answer, why bother about showing 5 or ten minutes doing something ? Pull into a rest area to pe, stop to kick tires (Unless under a HM load then you don't have to show time just a line you did it), why bother ? As long as your average MPH from the last logged point till they check you isn't over the posted speed limit (minus a few) no sweat. Have never, in 44 years and who knows how many roadsides been questioned on it.