User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Rev. did I see you East bound on 20 in Texas Saturday ? Looked like your truck. I was West bound so couldn't see the A/C on the right side.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle
Rev. did I see you East bound on 20 in Texas Saturday ? Looked like your truck. I was West bound so couldn't see the A/C on the right side.
It will be a cold day in hell before you see my truck in Texas. :lol:

I only run in 3 states on a regular basis: PA, OH, and MI. From time to time I go down to SC, but never anywhere near Texas.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

Well Hell you like the cold, and those three states will give it to ya After living 35 years in Alaska I now think of anything North of I-40 (and that is ify at times) as a no go zone, especialy after September 30.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Matcat wrote:
Quote:
Well just my two cents, but given the choice of backing into a wide open area, or backing next to someone, I would back next to someone for the visual reference, I always seem to back much much better when I am backing along side of something or inbetween, just easyer with the visual references. I remember I went to this one warehouse with about 6 docks, and all empty, and they insisted I go to dock 3, and they didn't have a single line painted anywhere, I swear it took me 45 minutes to get into that dock, but give me a crowded walmart DC tight as a Pilot at 10pm, and I will get it in in one shot.
:lol: :lol:
That is so true....and them Pilots just are not right. Its almost like they discourage parking.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Board Regular

Dateline: Alorton Village, East St. Louis, Il:

Headline: 1-888-schwans . . Can they deliver?

It's getting late and this place is filling quickly. The only hole in this row is to my right. Schwans first approach is to the occupied hole on my left. The next attempt is straight on, full trailer, directly at me. I turn on my parking lights. The next few attempts are at various angles which assure me he can't see and he won't get in. I step out of my truck and offer to lend a hand . . he waves me off with a "what the hell do you Swift drivers know?" His final approach is to the deBoer truck in the next over hole . . deBoer blows his horn and away goes Schwans.

The moral of the story is, the guy who parked next to you took a spot he knew he could get in to. He reduced by half the likelyhood someone would hit him. He didn't mean to upset you. You're a big trucker. Now, quit your whining.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member

I was backed into at the Pilot in Kannapolis, NC. I was working my weekend end dump job, and I didn't feel like driving all the way back to Raleigh at the end of the day, so I called the boss man, and told him I was just going to spend the night in the truck. I parked between two trucks (one was a Werner Classic XL, and I think the other was a Western Star), and I made the mistake of backing all the way into the spot (I had an International 9800 COE and a 40 ft frameless dump). Even though I left my lights on, apparently, some driver (I won't say for which company) drove by and didn't see me parked in that spot, so he decided to back in. I woke up when I heard him hit my truck, after which, he immediately pulled away. I didn't get his truck number, but I did get his trailer number, so I phoned into his company and talked to them about it. They blew me off at first, until the two drivers sitting on either side of me verified the story. Don't know what became of that driver, but his company did pay for the repairs.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
The moral of the story is, the guy who parked next to you took a spot he knew he could get in to. He reduced by half the likelyhood someone would hit him. He didn't mean to upset you. You're a big trucker. Now, quit your whining.
Not only that but, didn't I hear you calling him a "stupid coolie flatbedder?"

Beats a stupid coolier REEFER driver, don't it? :lol: :lol:

He ALSO helped you get a good, quiet night's sleep! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaKay
Some kind soul in Van Horn Texas last week had the grace to back into my truck at o-dark thirty, ripping out a chunk of fiberglass from my driver-side wheel well. Apparently noting what he/she had done, said driver then decided to find another parking spot -- in another town, from the looks of their tail lights as I got up to check the damage. Yes, I was parked both legally and properly in the middle of my parking slot, not that it should matter much.

Highly professional. Such behavior should be commended.
I was the only truck on the side of the road a while back...probably had enought room for 15 trucks at this pull off...

A guy managed to backed into me so hard it knocked me out of the rack...

Ended up running in my under ware across gravel snapping photos of the numbers on the side of his truck....he slammed on the brakes once he saw the flash going off....

(Im a light sleeper...always have a camera at arms length....and if you hit me....i will chase you...just like the terminator ) 8)
Old 07-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheTerrible
I was backed into at the Pilot in Kannapolis, NC. I was working my weekend end dump job, and I didn't feel like driving all the way back to Raleigh at the end of the day, so I called the boss man, and told him I was just going to spend the night in the truck. I parked between two trucks (one was a Werner Classic XL, and I think the other was a Western Star), and I made the mistake of backing all the way into the spot (I had an International 9800 COE and a 40 ft frameless dump). Even though I left my lights on, apparently, some driver (I won't say for which company) drove by and didn't see me parked in that spot, so he decided to back in. I woke up when I heard him hit my truck, after which, he immediately pulled away. I didn't get his truck number, but I did get his trailer number, so I phoned into his company and talked to them about it. They blew me off at first, until the two drivers sitting on either side of me verified the story. Don't know what became of that driver, but his company did pay for the repairs.
I always kept my front end lined up with the trucks next to me I made the mistake once of parking my bobtail deep into a hole at a loves, went inside for about 15 minutes, and when I came back out 2 other bobtails from my company decided to keep mine company. One was in his truck and reluctantly moved, the other took me 30 minutes to locate, he was in the middle of a fast food dinner.

That is one thing I really hate, is that most truck stops just do not either have any bobtail parking, or very limited bobtail parking, that is always full. Then you go and park in a spot, and get some hotshot whirling around the lot complaining that your taking up a spot.