User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default looking for a good first experience driving

i have been interested in driving for the past 8 months now. i have gone to roadmaster here in indianapolis and spoke with a recruiter. it was a nice meeting. but i didnt want to rush into things to fast. so i shopped around with other companies. the best i have found so far was cfi. i define best by pay i dont know about equipment etc so i cant judge by that i know nothing about driving. cfi says they start you at i believe 29 cents a mile then raise you up to 31 or 32 by the first year i believe. and most the other companies you end up at 29 in a year. i also have a dog so it limits my selection as well. so i was hoping can anyone point me in the direction of a company that starts there driver's with good money, gives them decent miles and allows pets.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Board Regular

some people here swear by CFI but I don't know what has shaken loose since the merger. if the pay they quote is true it's not bad for fresh out of school.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You limit your options when you insist on taking a pet along with you. If you could make arrangements for someone to care for it while you were on the road it would afford you more companies from which to select. There are several training companies around. I have no idea of their pet policies. You may check on the company listings on this page. They list most of the larger carriers. With no experience your options will be somewhat limited to the larger carriers due to insurance requirements.