User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fedex Custom Critical? Another noobie question.

In my other thread someone mentioned that I should research the training schools as well as the employers. One company that I think I would be interested in working for is Fedex Custom Critical. A friend of mines parents are in this program.

They own the truck and seem to always have work when they need it and still have time to enjoy the places they visit. Granted, you don't come right out of training and own a truck but how difficult is it to begin driving for them?

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Senior Board Member

To the best of my knowledge, FedEx Custom Critical is entirely owner/operator, and FedEx Ground is the company driver division. You might be able to get on with someone who runs a small fleet for Custom Critical, but you'll likely be better off just to drive for a company where you'll receive benefits, vacation, and so forth.
That's about as much of an answer as I can give you.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Board Regular

PRED8TR, just wanted to let you know some info that I know bout FedEx. I personally drive team for an owner leased to FedEx National LTL, which is basically what the company drivers drive for. Now from what I've learned talking and being around FedEx drivers, FedEx Custom Critical/FedEx Ground is all owner operators. Yes you could possibly get a job driving for Custom Critical or Ground if you dont want to purchase a truck, you will be driving for a owner/op course you will be the operator but like the owner of my truck most dont offer benefits, course some out there do. Like myself you can find an owner of a truck leased to FedEx National LTL which is basically the same from what I see you still go terminal to terminal and all drop and hook, NEVER any loading or unloading. You will be pulling doubles 99% of the time which is not always a bad thing because you will be most likely driving team. We (my team) average 6,000 miles/week which isnt bad at all, if your interested in this be sure to at least be paid a minimum of $0.45/mi because that is about average. Most owners will want you to have a minimum of 1 year otr, but I'm sure some will make the exception. Well if you have any more questions feel free to ask or even pm me. I'm leaving back otr tonight so if I dont get back to you I'll respond in about 3 weeks because I dont take computer with me. Anyways BOL.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Senior Board Member

My dad worked for Custom Critical/Passport Transport. they run 100% legal and will bust you for any log shinanigans.