User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Aside from RR's point..which is somethng you obviously have no concern's about........

I am an owner Operator. I have a 2001 International with over 900K miles on it..and understand all to well the $$$$ that go into keeping it fit for running...especially since I pull Hazmat. IF I hired a driver to run the truck...I would not expect that drriver to pay out of pocket to keep the truck fit. If I could not afford to pay for the repairs myself up front...I would not have the driver OR the truck on the road.

I'm perfectly will to take the risk to advance my future. Right now..the money is not what I was hopiong it would be...but then fuel is twice what it should be..and I understand the economics of it all..still and all...I'm not hurting. What I am not willing to risk is my life nor the lives of others...to make 10 cents. Not close to worth it.

As for him storing your chopper while you pay to drive his truck....it's the least he can do, given the profit you are making him.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member

I don't believe for a minute he's running 4800 miles a week solo-- if he was he wouldn't 1) have any time to get on the internet 2) no time to shower-- -ever

I think 4000 a week can safely/easy to do- solo-- but adding that extra 800 miles -- that's pushing it

4000/7= 570 day 4800/7= 685 a day

Loose leaf logs?

Dropping trips/turns off the record

No Qual-com

Mechanical engine? (no Computer- record)?

he did say dedicated runs--- back and forth across the same lanes-- you can juggle a lot that way.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member

I don't see any problems paying for minor repairs to keep the truck running. If he's payed back in full every time and you haven't had to use a credit card you're being a team player. Don't pay for an overhaul though :roll: :lol: :lol:

If you're happy with what you're doing, more power to you. I was under the same deal with atlas (1099 and out of pocket repiars) and didn't have a problem. Just don't piss each other off and you can keep a good thing going.