User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Any then you get the guys like I ran into a short while ago, I drive a flatbed and the hardest part of the whole job is rolling the tarps. I pulled up to a building supply customer outside of San Antonio and noted that a driver of another company had just pulled his first tarp off. I set my brakes, didn't even start on my load, i walked up and said, good morning, need some help? He cussed me like no one should ever cuss another human being. Told me that he could handle it by himself and to leave him alone.

Haven't helped another driver other than my own company since!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

there have been more holes i needed help than i want to admit, that i needed help getting into. i always get out to help another driver. sometimes it is just to help spot the tandems when adjusting weights. that is where we also need to be aware of to be able to help another driver. i don't want thanks or money for helping. the best reward i hope for is they help someone else. drivers broke down on shoulder now-a-days does not need the help they did in the '70's. cell phones, qual com, and trailer tell tales call for all the help needed. it is still polite to ask if driver needs help on cb. new drivers need the help most at the times when we gotta back up or slide tandems. any experienced driver break off the mid trailer lights?? turning maybe to sharp? yeah a rookie thing but we need help preventing this. yea git out and burn 2000 calories and help another driver, your turn might be next :P