Old 05-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds18rollin8
how about route 33 from 79 in West Virginia all the way in Virginia to 81. Not as bad as some of the other roads, but went through there at night yrs ago with a light load and all you see was guardrail and sky. 2 lanes and swithbacks all the way, need to use both lanes. Am sure people will disagree, but is a road that youi don't here alot about
The map pic that I posted is of US-33 at the wv/va border. Lovely road, isn't it.

Another fun route (and we run it all the time) is out of Parsons on US-219 north. The first mountain you climb, you're lucky to get 20-25mph uphill out of it. I need a webcam to record the mountain on wv93 coming out of there. It's a joy. One of those downhill runs with 20mph turns (and 20 is fast) and a 10% grade. You definitely want to be in the correct gear on that one.
I don't drive anymore but im curious, just what gear would u go down that in if fully loaded? Biggest grade I ever did was 7% in 7th gear.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver67373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds18rollin8
how about route 33 from 79 in West Virginia all the way in Virginia to 81. Not as bad as some of the other roads, but went through there at night yrs ago with a light load and all you see was guardrail and sky. 2 lanes and swithbacks all the way, need to use both lanes. Am sure people will disagree, but is a road that youi don't here alot about
The map pic that I posted is of US-33 at the wv/va border. Lovely road, isn't it.

Another fun route (and we run it all the time) is out of Parsons on US-219 north. The first mountain you climb, you're lucky to get 20-25mph uphill out of it. I need a webcam to record the mountain on wv93 coming out of there. It's a joy. One of those downhill runs with 20mph turns (and 20 is fast) and a 10% grade. You definitely want to be in the correct gear on that one.
I don't drive anymore but im curious, just what gear would u go down that in if fully loaded? Biggest grade I ever did was 7% in 7th gear.
I come down that grade in 7th gear. Even with a 45k load and switching the jake between medium and high, I have no problems. I only have to use the brakes once or twice on that grade.

However, my last truck had a crappy jake. Even in 6th gear, the Jake on high, I still had to ride the brakes to the bottom.