User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Strange truck-crash

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/edmonton/index.html

Check out the quick glimpse of a truck crash that happend today, here in Edmonton. At around 12pm today, the truck was flying eastward, on the westbound lane of the Yellowhead, at speeds in excess of 130kmph ( speed limit on the Yeloowhead is 110...100, in the vicinity of the crash, since it's closer to the city ). He continued in that manner for 15 km, causing lots of cars to head for the ditch to avoid being struck head-on. The truck finally jumped a guard rail, & plummetted to the railtracks below, where it exploded in flames. The driver, needless to add, was killed.

The police are still are mystified about the causes. They're trying to figure out why the truck drove for such a distance in the wrong lane.

Will keep you folks posted.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member

that is strange, that's a good road well marked i don't understand how he could do that. my x has a kid that lives in stoney plain so i used to go up every year. love the food at w ed mall
Old 04-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
that is strange, that's a good road well marked i don't understand how he could do that.
Precisely !! They're trying to figure out how he manage to enter the wrong lane in the first place, and why he didn't pull-over once he realised his mistake. The entire highway, even though extremely busy, is very well-marked, and in very good condition. Weather conditions couldn't have been a reason, as it was a bright sunny day today.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:59 PM

I watched a 10 minute dashcam video of a driver who was on meth, he was driving in the wrong lane, through construction zones and in the ditches, when they finaly stopped him he thought he was in Wisconsin...he was just North of Missoula MT :lol:

I hear he's a trainer for Swift now :wink: (sorry Swifties, I couldn't resist)