Old 03-30-2008, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Crete shut down the "meat fleet" a few months ago. At this point if you see a Crete truck pulling a Shaffer trailer 9 times out of ten it's going to be a General Mills dedicated driver. So far they are not asking Crete drivers to haul Shaffer freight any more than they have in the past. Most of the Shaffer trucks pulling Crete trailers are actually Crete drivers who were given Shaffer trucks when Crete ran out.
But, doesn't it make you wonder & stop and think---- why are there soo many extra Blue Trucks setting around empty- available to be filled.
Yeah, that's one I haven't figured out yet. Probably wouldn't like the answer if I did.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 03-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Board Regular
Default Yep

Crete reefers are common , the one you saw in Nebraska belongs to the the North Platte Nebraska Walmart Fleet houling groceries to Walmarts. I mostly pull a reefer for Walmart out of the Bartlesville, OK Walmart DC 8) . They are plain jane. No Crete emblems on side only on back roll up doors.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Rookie

I'm getting ready to apply at Shaffer. After reading this post maybe I should apply at Crete for the availibly of loads. Is Shaffer in refer load trouble? Or are things just slow for them on the west coast? I have a bunch of new questions now, Thinks guys!
Im from the Detroit area and Sheffer has runs that will get me home on weekends. Its no good if im only getting 2000 miles a week tho.
Whats the poop anyone kno?

Thanks
Greg
Old 03-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Poor shaffer drivers are being dispatched out of Lincoln now.

I wonder how many of them sat around our terminals listening to all the Crete drivers (like myself) bitch and moan about dispatch and how terrible they are. I bet most of them quietly thought to themselves "thank god we're dispatched out of New Kingstown!"

Welcome to our world, blue trucks! :twisted:
Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Default Re: Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie
Crete reefers are common , the one you saw in Nebraska belongs to the the North Platte Nebraska Walmart Fleet houling groceries to Walmarts. I mostly pull a reefer for Walmart out of the Bartlesville, OK Walmart DC 8) . They are plain jane. No Crete emblems on side only on back roll up doors.
Oh, hai okie.

How do you like that N. Platte Wal-Mart account? I see alot of owner ops are on it and wonder why because it's a slight paycut.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Board Regular
Default Howdy

I am on the Bville fleet, not N. Platte. I have heard the N Platte boys get a lot more miles, with many more miles between stores and a larger service area. I know of a few drivers that treat the 2 fleets like a divorced family with teenagers. They will go to N Platte for awhile, someone or thing will piss em off they will head to B'ville, or vice versa. I get about 2400 miles a week with 12-15 paid drops. I am not gonna whine bout it I am very happy. I am sure some will say that is starvation. Hey I am home most every day/night, may sleep out 1 nite in 2 weeks average. My family is able to go with me whenever. I am never more than 250 miles from home. I spent 15 years with the state making as much in 2 weeks as I do now for 1 week. I Love it, I have no other carrier or job to compare it to but it works for me.