User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

His story is hard to follow but the job he was let go from was a previous non driving job. The way he told the story it seemed like the OTR job. Anyway the LTL job was probably a good job and most of those places dont tolerate lying on apps. I've seen it before.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
The problem here is NOT one of comprehension (for once!) It is in the way the O.P. presented his situation.

He QUIT the otr job.... but that is NOT the one that was questioned!

On his app for LTL, he listed ANOTHER (non trucking) job that he was FIRED FROM for poor performane IIRC. For THIS job.... he gave the "reason" as being "laid off!"

THAT is what the LTL company "caught" as a lie, or mistruth, and THAT is why they had to let him go.
You straightened it out before I got to it Hobo.

Posters (and yes I'm guilty as well) need to read or reread a post to make sure its clear in your mind before making a comment.

You're not surprised by that are you? :shock: :lol:

But, in your defense..... the sun comes up 3 hours EARLIER here on the East Coast! :wink:

I just think it is a shame when a NEW poster comes on here and PRECLUDES his "story" with a PLEA for some real answers and NOT just quick criticism..... and then gets JUST THAT! :shock: :roll:

[He wouldn't even HAVE to "prelude" his question, except that he has READ enough of this board to know what to EXPECT!]

And often by those who have been here only a short time themselves! :roll:

I LOVE this site! But, we ALL have a responsibility here.... expecially if we respond on the NEW DRIVERS FORUM!

The poster also said:

Quote:
never mind...I knew this would be too difficult for truckdrivers to understand.
Although, that is a SLAM against us all in general.... in this case, it was warranted! We rail against the impression the PUBLIC has of us.... yet we reinforce it with our responses at times.... even to one OF us!!

Granted.... HIS command of English, as it concerns giving clear details, was lacking.... but SOME here showed no better command, as they jumped him without even understanding him!

I SWEAR.... if they gave potential truckers an ASVAB test on English comprehension.... SOME on here would NOT BE DRIVING! :roll:

Luckily, for MANY on here, there is NO REQUIREMENT to KNOW what you are talking about before you ENGAGE your mouths / keyboards!! :shock:

And I can't help but believe that that LACK of comprehension shows itself everyday in your DRIVING! :roll:

Man.... I better stop now, BEFORE I get on a RANT!! :lol: :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The problem here is NOT one of comprehension (for once!) It is in the way the O.P. presented his situation.

On his app for LTL, he listed ANOTHER (non trucking) job that he was FIRED FROM for poor performane IIRC. For THIS job.... he gave the "reason" as being "laid off!"

THAT is what the LTL company "caught" as a lie, or mistruth, and THAT is why they had to let him go.

Posters (and yes I'm guilty as well) need to read or reread a post to make sure its clear in your mind before making a comment.

But, in your defense..... the sun comes up 3 hours EARLIER here on the East Coast! :wink:

I just think it is a shame when a NEW poster comes on here and PRECLUDES his "story" with a PLEA for some real answers and NOT just quick criticism..... and then gets JUST THAT! :shock: :roll:

[He wouldn't even HAVE to "prelude" his question, except that he has READ enough of this board to know what to EXPECT!]

I LOVE this site! But, we ALL have a responsibility here.... expecially if we respond on the NEW DRIVERS FORUM!

The poster also said:

Quote:
Although, that is a SLAM against us all in general.... in this case, it was warranted! We rail against the impression the PUBLIC has of us.... yet we reinforce it with our responses at times.... even to one OF us!!

Granted.... HIS command of English, as it concerns giving clear details, was lacking.... but SOME here showed no better command, as they jumped him without even understanding him!

I SWEAR.... if they gave potential truckers an ASVAB test on English comprehension.... SOME on here would NOT BE DRIVING! :roll:

Luckily, for MANY on here, there is NO REQUIREMENT to KNOW what you are talking about before you ENGAGE your mouths / keyboards!! :shock:

And I can't help but believe that that LACK of comprehension shows itself everyday in your DRIVING! :roll:

Great reply! I get sick of all the replies on here that come from smartass billy big riggers. Help one another out for god's sake! If you think its bad in this New Drivers forum, you should go to the O/O forum! Its like a freaking kindergarten class over there with all the he said/she said b.s. and bashing going around. Sad thing about it......the moderators kick all the informative members off and side with the trouble makers! I have started to notice a lot of helpful members not posting anymore. Guess they have gone elsewhere? I seldom post if I can't help someone out or offer advice, but this struck a nerve.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
the moderators kick all the informative members off and side with the trouble makers!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ok, maybe one more...

:roll:

By the way, that was a good one. :lol:

Old 03-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
the moderators kick all the informative members off and side with the trouble makers!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ok, maybe one more...

:roll:

By the way, that was a good one. :lol:
Twilight, I HOPE you aren't gonna "kick him to the curb" for that! I KNOW you got the right to.... it was pretty offensive for a MOD!

One of you once said, (or many times) that we tend to police ourselves!

Hamboner: Obviously, you haven't posted in a long time, but you've been "monitoring" the site. I always find that interesting. Equally, obvious is the fact that I cannot just sit back and "monitor." It has become very clear to me that there are MANY members who "lurk" these days, and many NEW members who have lurked for along time before speaking out! We should ALL keep this in mind!

But, I have to tell you..... you are WRONG about the quality of moderating on this board! And your DIRECT "challenge" or comment about our Mods offended ME!! (OMG, I'm defending the MODS! :lol: )

These guys/gals let ALOT get by before they act! And unlike SOME boards, they do NOT try to "steer" the discussions! They sometimes participate with opinions of their OWN.... and are willing to take the heat for them, if necessary!

I MAY have disagreed with them at times, even on their moderating, but it is beyond the pale to ACCUSE them of "siding" with special interest groups or members! :shock:

I would no more DEMAND it of you than THEY would.... but I believe you owe them an apology!

That is JUST my opinion!! It is ONE thing to make blanket statements blaming BUSH for everything.... but it is another to make such blanket statements about those who actually CARE about us, and are doing their jobs out of concern and support for us! Our mods are the GREATEST!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver10

LOL
We understand .... you just didn't like our answers
Old 03-22-2008, 01:23 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Twilight, I HOPE you aren't gonna "kick him to the curb" for that! I KNOW you got the right to.... it was pretty offensive for a MOD!
Naw, I just got a chuckle out of it. :wink:

Old 03-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The poster also said:

Quote:

TOO Late :lol: :lol: :lol:

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee