User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat
As far as court situations go they can easily take a very long time, I know this because my aunt has had a total of 15 DUI's (14 of which where on a suspended), the state of NJ told her she would never ever drive a vehicle in this country again in her life, well after a 5 year court battle, lots and lots and lots of money, and a really good lawyer, she got her license back... scarey isn't it? And as far as your DUI issue, I personally believe that people can change, and do make mistakes, and why people hold these things against others is sad, now as far as my aunt goes, that is a different story, she has proven she cant stay away from the bottle and the vehicle, and I really do not believe she should even be able to pedal a bicycle, unless by some miracle she can trully prove she is done with alcohol, but I highly doubt it. But the reality is once you have that sort of record, its going to take a long time for companies to not see it, and for newbies its a 5 year check, for experienced drivers its a 10 year check, so you might even have to wait 10 years until after the charge to be able to drive commercially again, unless you can find a company that doesn't care.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Someone with 15 DUI's should be in prison for life, doing hard labor with no chance of parole. That fact that your aunt isn't and also has her license back is proof positive that our legal system is a joke. I hope that when she gets her 16th and kills somebody (because she will), it's someone in her own family. Let her spend the rest of her miserable life with that on her conscious because she obviously doesn't give a damn about anybody else.