User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default mvr question

It seems like this question gets asked everyweek here but since every situation is different here goes. I was pulled over of dui in sept. of 06 i blew i failed the test licsence was suspened for 3 months for that. Just today my court case was finally done I got it down to a physical control of a vechile while intoxicated (non moving, no point) offense. I have also completed a driver diversion program. I have also been sober since the offense. I have 3 yrs of flatbed exp. mostly local but some regional. heres my question do I have a shot at a job? I live in columbus ohio FWIT

thanks,
moose

ps I am aware mcd's in hiring thanks in advance
Old 03-17-2008, 08:05 PM
BANNED
Default Re: mvr question

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose81
It seems like this question gets asked everyweek here but since every situation is different here goes. I was pulled over of dui in sept. of 06 i blew i failed the test licsence was suspened for 3 months for that. Just today my court case was finally done I got it down to a physical control of a vechile while intoxicated (non moving, no point) offense. heres my question do I have a shot at a job?
I hope not.... No place in this industry for that un-professionial behavior.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:
It seems like this question gets asked everyweek here but since every situation is different here goes. I was pulled over of dui in sept. of 06 i blew i failed the test licsence was suspened for 3 months for that. Just today my court case was finally done I got it down to a physical control of a vechile while intoxicated (non moving, no point) offense. heres my question do I have a shot at a job?
That's helpful to him :roll: You have never done anything wrong in your life ? You have been 100% perfect since you were born ?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:
That's helpful to him :roll: You have never done anything wrong in your life ? You have been 100% perfect since you were born ?

what do you expect from a space cadet................ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER

No reason to be helpful to someone who has been convicted of a crime that involves alcohol or drugs while operating a motor vehicle. Especially someone who wants to operate a CMV.....
Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It seems like this question gets asked everyweek here but since every situation is different here goes. I was pulled over of dui in sept. of 06 i blew i failed the test licsence was suspened for 3 months for that. Just today my court case was finally done I got it down to a physical control of a vechile while intoxicated (non moving, no point) offense. I have also completed a driver diversion program. I have also been sober since the offense. I have 3 yrs of flatbed exp. mostly local but some regional. heres my question do I have a shot at a job? I live in columbus ohio FWIT

thanks,
moose

ps I am aware mcd's in hiring thanks in advance
While you got the ticket reduced you still have the suspension that will show on your MVR. That is going to be your biggest problem. Insurance companies just don't like DUI suspensions.

I wouldn't say you couldn't find a driving job but it's not going to be easy.

kc0iv
Old 03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
You have never done anything wrong in your life ? You have been 100% perfect since you were born ?
Maybe not, but he has a valid point.

There is simply no room in this industry for that kind of thing. Right now, some companies look at DUI's after 5 years or more, but the number of those companies is a lot smaller than even a few years ago. I would imagine that we're not that far away from most companies adopting a no-tolerance policy for DUI's, as most already have a no-tolerance policy for drugs.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Board Regular
Default mvr question

Not that's it's my biz which it is'nt but why did it take like 18 months to resolve UR legal matter.just curious :roll:
Old 03-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Rookie

Believe me Believe me I know I made a mistake. It will hopefully be the biggest one of my life. If there was anything I could could do to take my actions back that night I would but I cant. So I am dealing with the consequenses now. An to answer your question as to why it took so long it was a series of delays with the court. One time someone in thes judges family died, one time the officer had training and couldnt show up, one time the judge had court until late the night before so she postponed all hearing the following day.

thanks again,
moose
Old 03-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Senior Board Member

As far as court situations go they can easily take a very long time, I know this because my aunt has had a total of 15 DUI's (14 of which where on a suspended), the state of NJ told her she would never ever drive a vehicle in this country again in her life, well after a 5 year court battle, lots and lots and lots of money, and a really good lawyer, she got her license back... scarey isn't it? And as far as your DUI issue, I personally believe that people can change, and do make mistakes, and why people hold these things against others is sad, now as far as my aunt goes, that is a different story, she has proven she cant stay away from the bottle and the vehicle, and I really do not believe she should even be able to pedal a bicycle, unless by some miracle she can trully prove she is done with alcohol, but I highly doubt it. But the reality is once you have that sort of record, its going to take a long time for companies to not see it, and for newbies its a 5 year check, for experienced drivers its a 10 year check, so you might even have to wait 10 years until after the charge to be able to drive commercially again, unless you can find a company that doesn't care.