User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 14 one million mile accident free drivers out of 8,900 or so

was at the dallas terminal getting my truck fixed (rock hit my headlight, cracked it, water went inside it and blew my bulb) and noticed that they had 14 new trucks. This is normal until i walked up and saw they were cascadias. Now i work for werner and they are cheap bastards so i asked around and found out that all million miler drivers with werner is getting a new cascadia. Then i was told there are only 14 total drivers out of roughly 8900 drivers (guess) still with the company. hahahaha.

nice trucks though. by the way, they drilled a hole in my headlight, drained water, put silicone all over it. half assed fix.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 AM
Board Regular

Wow...my company is about 1/6th the size of that, and we have lots more than 14.....

damn

BTW...what kind of truck do you have?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member

ekaddon....You believing every "story" you are hearing. No matter how "reliable" a source they may be. Im seeing Cascadias everywhere within Werner, more and more everyday. (Assigned and on the road as well as in terminals). Cascadia is destined by Freightliner to phase out the Century and Columbia. What choice will Werner have but to begin the phase out of the Century from the fleet. Im also seeing a few of the new Pete 389's on the road.
Also Million mile drivers arent "assigned" a particulary Model truck. They get to choose the truck model that they want to drive. Im closing in on a million miles, can you imaging Werner trying to force me to drive a Cascadia. Id be kicking and screaming the whole way.
And...you also know there are more the 14, million mile drivers in Werner. You do read your qualcom memos....right.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:04 AM
Rookie

that was the first time ever seeing a cascadia for werner. and i have never seen a pete 389 for werner. for previous post, i drive a pete 387. and i doubt there are more million miler accident free drivers. in the omaha terminal they got plaques with all the drivers that did one or more million mile accident free. And hate to say it, but there are maybe 6 3 million, maybe 10 or so 2 million, and about 150-200 1 million milers there. however, some of those people have long since retired.

also notice the plaque for driver deaths is like 500?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:24 PM

I had my Columbia in the shop at Transwest in Denver (computer/shifting problems) and there was a driver there with a new Cascadia having coolant/switch problems. I asked how he liked the new truck. His reply was great truck for driver comfort, rides like dream. The bad side, the only engine available is gutless. Even with a 13 speed, he's constantly down into 5th gear climbing hills with a moderate load. It appears the new EPA motor has no power compared to what's been available in a freightliner of the past.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:50 AM
Board Regular

Horsepower is horsepower.

A 500 cat, a 500 detroit, and a 500 cummins will pull the same way...albeit with differences in the best RPMs for each motor.

Just because it has a castrated motor does not mean they all drive like that!