User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I also rolled for Swift on two different occasions - and Rokk hit the nail on the head on the orientation set up. I doubt it's changed since I was there.

The work well exam isn't anything to be scared of, it's passable by most everyone. Usually if you have problems, it shows in blood pressure before you even get to the exercise.

Rokk, I'm just glad you're back to a skateboard :lol:
Old 03-15-2008, 04:07 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndieselgrl
Rokk, I'm just glad you're back to a skateboard :lol:

Well thank you skateboard is the only way to do this job. I set my own miles, i am in total charge of my loads. and it all rides on me. no fuss, no muss, no hurry., next i need the office job like you got
Old 03-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk
next i need the office job like you got
:lol: I don't spend much time in my "office" these days...all these new drivers keeping me on my toes! :wink:

Stay on the road, it pays better anyway :roll:
Old 03-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Swift orientation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgesrt4
Hello everyone... first post here...

Anyway I'm a recent graduate and I'll be heading to Swift for orientation in 2 weeks. It's going to be a 3-day event and I'm very excited about it. I've never been in this industry so I'm very new here... Heard lots of complain about this company but still they're one of a few companies that hire recent graduates. I'm hoping I can get some experience so I can get out and find better jobs with ease. I've seen happy Swift drivers in the past so I hope I can be one also...

Anyone wants to share their experience about what is like in the orientation (Swift drivers preferred, but I'm sure they're pretty much the same for other companies... right?)... I knew I'm prepared for any challenge but listening to other pros here would be nice What will be done in the orientation?

Thanks for any input!
I started out with Swift too. However, they are a horrible company and they will screw you over bigtime if they get the opportunity. It's just a matter of time. Hence, drive for them for 6 months, whatever you do don't get any preventables, and then get the hell out of there ASAP. You'll be happy you did. Next, keep track of all the buddies you met while at Swift, and listen to the horror stories as they all eventually get fired, screwed over big time, or both.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial Pursuit

I started out with Swift too. However, they are a horrible company and they will screw you over bigtime if they get the opportunity. It's just a matter of time. Hence, drive for them for 6 months, whatever you do don't get any preventables, and then get the hell out of there ASAP. You'll be happy you did. Next, keep track of all the buddies you met while at Swift, and listen to the horror stories as they all eventually get fired, screwed over big time, or both.
Thanks for the advise TP. Yeah I heard many horrible things about Swift in all the truck forums like this one, but unfortunately I have no choice 'cos I have no experience being a recent graduate and there isn't much choice around where I'm living. I'll just make sure I stay alert all the time and not making any stupid mistakes. Once I got enough experience I'm sure I can find something better... 8)
Old 03-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgesrt4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial Pursuit

Thanks for the advise TP. Yeah I heard many horrible things about Swift in all the truck forums like this one, but unfortunately I have no choice 'cos I have no experience being a recent graduate and there isn't much choice around where I'm living. I'll just make sure I stay alert all the time and not making any stupid mistakes. Once I got enough experience I'm sure I can find something better... 8)

Hope it all works out for you