User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm a transport driver for Pepsi and it's a great job. It's all drop and hook between Pepsi plants. Occasionally you have to wait to get unloaded. There is no physical work involved, except when a pallet falls in the trailer you're responsible for re-stacking. But usually the guys in the warehouse will help you out. Very hard job to get as usually the route drivers fight over transport positions. But different locations have different rules regarding seniority and transfers. If you can get in, I highly recommend it. When I started, I rode with a trainer driver for 2 days and then I was on my own. There's not much to learn, other than where the Pepsi locations are that you will be driving to. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Senior Board Member

GTR i would jump all over that.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i think gtr is a bit of a smart ass.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
i think gtr is a bit of a smart ass.
just wanted info...............sorry if you think so................ :?

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBG 77
I'm a transport driver for Pepsi and it's a great job. It's all drop and hook between Pepsi plants. Occasionally you have to wait to get unloaded. There is no physical work involved, except when a pallet falls in the trailer you're responsible for re-stacking. But usually the guys in the warehouse will help you out. Very hard job to get as usually the route drivers fight over transport positions. But different locations have different rules regarding seniority and transfers. If you can get in, I highly recommend it. When I started, I rode with a trainer driver for 2 days and then I was on my own. There's not much to learn, other than where the Pepsi locations are that you will be driving to. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer them.
thanks so much !!!! ...........i'm getting my ducks in a row with my contacts...if it's meant it will happen.....
i'll keep ya posted......... 8)

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-13-2008, 04:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Hey PBG 77, just thought of a few questions.

Did you work for Pepsi when you went for the transport driver job?

How much experience did you have before you applied?

Did they give you a road test and if so what was involved?

What is the validated Selection Test?

Where do you work out of?

Thanks in advance......... 8) 8)

Mother Teresa

The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Senior Board Member

GTR SILVER:

WHY would you want some lame job like that when you COULD be working for much better companies???

SWIFT !!

Or PRIME!!

Or, CR England has a FINE Lease Operator's program where you can make TONS of money!!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Rookie

GTR-

I started with Pepsi as a part-time Transport driver. It took about 2.5 years to get full-time. I work in California. I had about 6 years experience at the time. I did not really take a road test, but the 2 days I rode with the trainer he filled out a form telling Pepsi I knew how to drive. Im not sure about the selective skills test, I've never heard of it. But when I had my interview, I was asked all kinds of wierd questions from a list and had to give answers which my interviewer wrote down. Basically they were questions about how I would handle problems that arose on the job. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
GTR-

I started with Pepsi as a part-time Transport driver. It took about 2.5 years to get full-time. I work in California. I had about 6 years experience at the time. I did not really take a road test, but the 2 days I rode with the trainer he filled out a form telling Pepsi I knew how to drive. Im not sure about the selective skills test, I've never heard of it. But when I had my interview, I was asked all kinds of wierd questions from a list and had to give answers which my interviewer wrote down. Basically they were questions about how I would handle problems that arose on the job. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
PBG 77.........thanks for the info....!!!!
since being a "newbie" i just wanted to know how much exp. thay look for........connections or not..(the web site does not say ) :? i have three references that are in pepsi...one of them is a regional manager......we'll see... :roll: :roll: 8)

thanks again.... :!: :!:

Mother Teresa

The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
GTR SILVER:

WHY would you want some lame job like that when you COULD be working for much better companies???

SWIFT !!

Or PRIME!!

Or, CR England has a FINE Lease Operator's program where you can make TONS of money!!
to funny............... :!: :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Mother Teresa

The Mark Levin Show