User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Finally, a truck driver does something right.

Taken from www.thepittsburghchannel.com
This happened today about 3 miles away from me.

PENN TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Police in Penn Township, Westmoreland County, said two men raided a house on Thursday, stealing a pillowcase full of jewelry, but thanks to an alert delivery guy, the alleged robbery was thwarted.

Police said Clyde Hantz and Michael Kosko, both of Penn Hills, burglarized an expensive new house on Pine Hollow Road but a nosy Estes driver called police when he noticed the men running down the street, carrying a pillowcase.

"Bless the driver's heart," said Chief Michael Mastroianni, of the Penn Township Police Department. "He knew that wasn't right, so he called us right away."

The truck driver told police to look for a green Dodge Stratus, which they eventually found.

According to police, the men sped off along Route 130 and began dumping jewelry, a DVD player and other goods out of the vehicle windows.

"Probably for the first time that I can remember in my career before the lady could say anything or even tell me what was missing, I said, 'Well, we have the guys in custody already,'" said Mastroianni.

Hantz and Kosko face burglary and theft charges, among others.

Mastroianni said he wrote a letter to the truck driver's boss letting him know that the driver deserves a real pat on the back.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:38 AM

If its any consolation ...I for one am sure "Truckers " do the right thing ALOT .... everytime they dont plow thru , or feed the ass end of a trialer to a four wheeler that would deserve it ... I am sure Many men and women in the industry have strong wills and good hearts ....

It is Just unfortunate we live in a society where 1,000 "atta Boys!" dont equal up to one "Awwww shit !" moment

some of us will still love you guys even if we dont get to become one of you ... Some of us will always hold back the lane and flash the lights to let you get over ...out of respect for what you do ...and what you go through to do it .... so thanks

Shawn(Ogre)
Old 03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Rookie

I don't think the heading should read, "finally, a trucker does something right". I believe it should read, "finally, a trucker gets attention for doing something right". Have you ever seen a wreck on the freeway? How many times at these wrecks do you see truck drivers stopped and giving assistance?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInDixon
I don't think the heading should read, "finally, a trucker does something right". I believe it should read, "finally, a trucker gets attention for doing something right". Have you ever seen a wreck on the freeway? How many times at these wrecks do you see truck drivers stopped and giving assistance?

Can I get An "AMEN!"