User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hauling Trash

Hey mackman, and others out there who i used to conversate with a lot, i know it's been a while since i've been around, but maybe i'll get some more time on here. I've moved up to Tallahassee, and got on with Pritchett Trucking out of Lake Butler, Fl, i'm on a dedicated trash run, 3 loads a day, with an average of 800 dollars a week, that's if you can get your 3 loads everyday, which if the trash is there, it's not that tough. Anyway, i didn't really know where to post to kinda reintroduce myself back on the sight. I'll try and keep updated on all the new people, and all the new things going on.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Hauling Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersod215
Hey mackman, and others out there who i used to conversate with a lot, i know it's been a while since i've been around, but maybe i'll get some more time on here. I've moved up to Tallahassee, and got on with Pritchett Trucking out of Lake Butler, Fl, i'm on a dedicated trash run, 3 loads a day, with an average of 800 dollars a week, that's if you can get your 3 loads everyday, which if the trash is there, it's not that tough. Anyway, i didn't really know where to post to kinda reintroduce myself back on the sight. I'll try and keep updated on all the new people, and all the new things going on.

what are your hours on that run and what are you driving(end dump)...........????
Old 02-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Board Regular

I try to get in by 4 am, and if all goes well i'll be off by 4, if not earlier, but i'm learning you take the good with the bad, some days you might work longer, like 13 or 14 hours, but it all comes with the territory. And the type of trailer is a 53 foot aluminum open top, i back on a tipper and it does all the work, i just drop and hook.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Rookie

I'd like info on this, i turned them down. and they use the walking floors down here. But it was with another company. I drove rolloff and watch them load them.. depending on the loader it looks like it can be a pain the butt tring to tarp it ..

ok any idea whats wrong with my sigs now? :?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Board Regular

our trailers are all outfitted with electric tarps, less than a minute and it's tarped, or untarped, no hassle at all.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersod215
our trailers are all outfitted with electric tarps, less than a minute and it's tarped, or untarped, no hassle at all.
I wish we had the electric tarps. I am currently fighting with my employer over this. I drive a tri-axle dump in season, but when the dumps don't run in the off-season, he wants us to run trash. I would do it, but we have the manual tarps. There is one problem with that. I am afraid of heights. Anything higher than I am tall and I get petrified and shake, which isn't safe when you're 13 ft up. I am currently sitting at home instead of working because of this. I was threatened with my job if I didn't do it, but so far I'm still employed.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Board Regular

I drive for MBI in Salt lake city and I haul trash too. I do 2 loads a day(if there's enough trash) for 99 a load, but I haul 2 45' super sets. and I have to break them , dump, them and rehook them twice a day. I have my tarping down to a science. I can tarp or untarp both trailer in under 6 minutes, pretty easy unless I have a pokey blocking the tarp. I like the job so far, been there almost 1 year. Excellent bennies, but no one leaves so it's hard to move up the ladder to a better run. If you can find an MBI in our city I would recomend them.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Senior Board Member

yo miller where the hell have you been?? Good to hear from ya. So now your haulin trash. What ever happen to movin up to PA??

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug