User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think your friend does not know what he is talking about. Probably the only thing you should be concerned about is if your pulling some sort of hazmat and having an open flame around, even with partitions Im not so sure I would be frying up a hamburber or meatballs if I had a few thousand gallons of fuel or something behind me. Otherwise I think there are no worries
Old 01-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockee
I think your friend does not know what he is talking about. Probably the only thing you should be concerned about is if your pulling some sort of hazmat and having an open flame around, even with partitions Im not so sure I would be frying up a hamburber or meatballs if I had a few thousand gallons of fuel or something behind me. Otherwise I think there are no worries
What I said was goggle it the sites that come up have every thing from fridges to slow cookers all work in a truck.
the lunch box heats up to 350, you can slow cook boil water just use your brain.

if you aim at nothing that is just what you will hit
Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Rookie

Old timers used to wire a stew kettle on the engine . I,ve used the lunch box heater tins , put a hormel dinner inside it , put it on top of the exhaust manefold .
Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Senior Board Member

can you cook in a truck....? YES but as Ridge Runner said
Quote:
you may be limited as to what you are allowed to carry on the truck by company rules.
we can have up to a 1750w inverter so we can have just about anything to cook with. a real frige, miro, crockpot,(throw away cooking bags) forman grill, coffee maker, (works great for hot water) xpress 101 http://tinyurl.com/ytvlpx we have the big one for the house and the small one for the truck.

a 1500w invertor will run just about anything you use on the counter at your house so it is realy up to your company how big of an invertor you can have and how much room you have for things like an electric skillet, electric grill, toaster oven, and the like. also you need to think about how you are going to clean them (truckstop bathroom)

grilled chicken breast on a bed of rice with steamed vegetables soup & saled and ice cream is whats for dinner tonight and cleanup will take 10 min.

we can cook almost everything on the road that we can cook at home so you can cook realy well on the road IF you want to,
Old 01-31-2008, 09:03 PM

Ive always used a small propane grill to cook steaks and porkchops chicken hamburgers etc. I used small throwaway tin pans to heat veggies or beans. a microwave does make mash potatoes and rice well. i dont see why you couldnt use a crock pot and just bungee cord (rathcet straps work as well) it down and the lid on and cook some nice stew or such as your going down the road. The only problem I had was the cooler getting to warm someplaces in the summer and some meat going bad.

No worries about getting more grocieries, most grocery stores and super centers dont complain much if you park just long enough to shop and get out as long as you let them know what your doing and not trying to park overnight.

You can eat as healthy as your imagination and a few bucks at a store. Keep in mind some plastic plates and bowls as well as a few spices and silverware is a nesessity(sp) to eat. I would also invest in a small folding table and chair (More comfy than sitting on the ground)

Even a runner can cook this way Its usually just as fast as going into a sit down, you gotta take 10 anyway. a Whole setup might run you 150$ plus food at walmart or so depending on how fancy you get. Some guys spend that in a week eating at the greasy spoons. the initial investment is the biggest part but i bet if you use it and not let it collect dust itll pay itself off in no time.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
can you cook in a truck....? YES but as Ridge Runner said
Quote:
you may be limited as to what you are allowed to carry on the truck by company rules.
we can have up to a 1750w inverter so we can have just about anything to cook with. a real frige, miro, crockpot,(throw away cooking bags) forman grill, coffee maker, (works great for hot water) xpress 101 http://tinyurl.com/ytvlpx we have the big one for the house and the small one for the truck.

a 1500w invertor will run just about anything you use on the counter at your house so it is realy up to your company how big of an invertor you can have and how much room you have for things like an electric skillet, electric grill, toaster oven, and the like. also you need to think about how you are going to clean them (truckstop bathroom)

grilled chicken breast on a bed of rice with steamed vegetables soup & saled and ice cream is whats for dinner tonight and cleanup will take 10 min.

we can cook almost everything on the road that we can cook at home so you can cook realy well on the road IF you want to,
How be damn

A civilized truck driver. SO NICE TO KNOW THERE IS AT LEAST ONE OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 PM

No need to repeat yourself bullhauler I read what you said. I was responding to Crunchyknees about having an open flame around certain kinds of loads, and not worrying about it with other loads. You can cook almost anything in a truck that you can make at home you just have to be a little creative. When I was otr most of our meals were cooked in the cab instead of eating in the truckstop/diner etc...