User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

crossing the borders is pretty good,,, AS LONG as your dispatcher and broker have done there jobs properly., Before faxing your paper work put as much info on as you cansuch as truck and trailer # along with the plate # make sure you put on what border you're crossing at and your ETA, if you're coming into Canada and you have a good dispatcher he/she will inform you ahead of time if it is cleared or not, if it's not your dispatcher should be working on the problem to get it fixed or else you'll be doing it when you show up so know what broker it is you need to go visit, my dispatcher is really good and i hardly ever have an issue any more, Going into the US is a bit different your dispatcher has to make sure it is cleared ,once cleared he/she will isssue an entry # or you can look it up on the computer,BUT don't show up without that # because biker boy is right about the fine, and invest in a fast card,it brings up all the info to the US border gaurd. Bridge fees are all different from free ( Buffalo) to 28.00 (Fort Erie) ,8.75(Lansdown) ect.. Not sure about the actuall border cross fees and cost of transponder . I do find it easier crossing into the US than into Canada though.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Board Regular

Getting out is the easy part. Coming back in is a pain. Everytime, I get run through the XRAY machine. Either I look awfully guility, or I look like an easy way for them to meet the XRAY quota.

I thought they charged at all crossings back to the USA :? I crossed at Derby Line Vermont. No bridge, no nothing. The price for admission was $10.75.

I don't have much faith in Homeland Security. It almost seems like another government "Make Work" program. I do know if I lived near a border xing I would want one of them jobs :lol: That is easy money!

One last thing, don't show up at USA Customs without your Entry Number. They can fine you a ton of money.

PARS out PAPS in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
So how much is the US charging now to get back in the states? Last I knew it was like $5, but someone said it went up.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 AM
Rookie

Log book is different in Canada , plate number on truck and trl . must be on log book. Beginning and ending miledge on log book , I never put miledge on the L. book. There hos are different . I used to go to Canada 50 or more times a year , it isn,t that big of a deal , even Quebec no biggy the signs are in french , no one talks on the cb . Use your debit card at an atm for exchange. Respect the boarder guards and you won,t have problems and if you get x rayed they search the truck , they don,t care about the log book. I had 12 dozen hormel dinners , enough stuff to last for 75 days out. Don,t say yes to any weapons even a pocket knife. If you cross at Windsor , watch your speed in jackson county in Mi. Best of Luck
Old 01-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

In talking with Canadian drivers, it seems that we have more difficulty getting back into the U.S. and they have greater difficulty getting back into Canada. We have more problems with our own government than the foreign one.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Board Regular

I always had more problems getting into the US than i ever had getting back home to canada.

I got X`rayed twice going into USA, never got X rayed coming into canada

never got searched either way either.

Had quite a few problems with my ACE manifest not matching my truck licence plate, then the officer couldn't find my ACE in their computers.
Spent a few hours inside getting ACE figured out each time that happened.

Almost never even got asked for ID coming in canada.
The US asked for ID just about every time.
I always used FAST card for ID
its just easier than passports and birth certificates.