User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hi kc0iv,

So far I have only messed with two valves. If there are four then maybe that is the problem. Now I just need to find the other two. :lol: Are the other two for providing heat for the sleeper?

Thanx,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
If it is a sleeper truck do you have heat back there?
It has been over 3 years since I've been around a truck but if I remember right there are 4 valves on a Freighliner that has a sleeper.

kc0iv
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

ok, you have a row of computer buttons on the right dash panel

that should read something like this from left to right:

(blank)| temp |fuel| trip |leg |< |(down arrow) |>| set/reset| (blank)

(1) press the > button once
(2) press teh (down arrow) button 4 times or until the dash panel reads:

Diagnostic Information

(3) now press the > button again and read the Error message or it will read:

ACTIVE FAULTS
NONE

it might read something to do with HVAC controller response time then numbers ( hours, minutes, seconds) that your (heat, vent, a/c controller has failed to respond. Some time this happens with this truck when I set the opti-idle temp control back in the bunk--and all the air stops blowing completely.

other times it blows warm air when it should be blowing cold air, never had it Blow cold instead of hot? did you climb out and make sure you A/C
clutch isn't engaged and thus you're AC is overriding the Heater?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Dawg
Hi kc0iv,

So far I have only messed with two valves. If there are four then maybe that is the problem. Now I just need to find the other two. :lol: Are the other two for providing heat for the sleeper?

Thanx,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
If it is a sleeper truck do you have heat back there?
It has been over 3 years since I've been around a truck but if I remember right there are 4 valves on a Freighliner that has a sleeper.

kc0iv
Yes 2 are for cab heat and 2 are for the sleeper. As to where they are located I can't tell you. I simply don't remember, Sorry. Maybe someone that drives a Century Class Freighliner can tell you where each of the valves are located.

One other thing that might be your problem is blocked air filters. Reading the service manual these filters should be replaced every six months. You can download the manual at: https://secure.freightliner.com/newb...e%20Manual.pdf

Go to section 83-02 (near the bottom of the download) it discusses how to replace the different filters.

You can also download the operator's manual at: https://secure.freightliner.com/newbulletins/techmanuals/DM-MM_Web/English/Freightliner/Driver's%20Manuals/Century%20Class%20ST%20and%20Coronado%20Driver's%2 0Manual.pdf

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

kc0iv
Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Rookie

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Was on a 5 day series of runs that took me out to Odessa Texas, Bridgeport Tx, etc. Just walked in the house and popped open a beer and decided to check the board. I was damn near freezing in that cab out west. I called the owner and told him that he either gets it fixed when i get back or no more long runs. So luckily he agreed and is taking the truck in Monday to be fixed. kc0iv, even though it is going to be fixed, I still really appreciate the link to the service manual. I love reading that kind of stuff so I will know in the future. I will post what the exact problem turns out to be. Again thank you to all for your input.

Jim