User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 04:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Russ Fisher Truck Salvage--outside of Terre Haute, In( down the road from Pilot) He could probably tell you the weight of both that sleeper box or the tranny----could probably make you a good deal on either one--if you're thinking of adding one on---a slightly Used one.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
No 16,000 dry weight not including fuel or the stuff you have in your truck plus you! By the time you get all your stuff in the truck it maybe 16,500 especially if you'll have tools under the bunk!

Try more like 17,000 dry unlaiden wt for a t-600 . The one I drive now is an older 04 model it weighs 17,000 dry unlaiden ./..the wt listed on the door jam is what the truck itself weighs this wt should also be listed in the registration papers you carry with the rest of your permits . The one I drive now has a crappy 10 spd with a red top 15 litre CRUMMINS ISX 600 hp version ity weighs just 172 lbs less than the first t-600 i had at werner which was an 06 with a c-15 and an 8 speed ,so their isn't a huge weight difference between a cat an a CRUMMINS .

Oh by the way this 15 litre CRUMMINS + a 10 speed really really suck on hills it runs out of breath on hills with an empty trailer I'm not sure if it's the motor or just that the 10 speed transmission has such a huge rpm split between 10th 9th and 8th that you have wait until you drop to about 50mph to down shift from 10th to 9th or if the CRUMMINS just has SH!T for torque , because ity seems like my truck gets heavily winded on small hills even when empty , But the same loads in the werner wagon with an 8 spd and a c-15 cut way back had no problem with the exact same hills even with 15-20k in the box . I also hat the variable boost turbo on the EGR valve equipped cummins ,as if you soft pedal it to raise the rpms slowly it likes to just take off ,but when you let off the pedal the rpms drop too quickly . I want the c-15 and the 8 speed back ...g well the truck I'm in has about 600k on it ,and they pulling it off the road this month ,and I'm getting a new T-2000 with a C-15 in it ...But it still has that sorry 10 spd in it ...maybe it will go better with the cat than the CRUMMINS ... My truck is governed at 72 MPH I had alot of fun on ...FLAT GROUND...passing werners the last few weeks .