User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pre CDL Newbie with reckless op, OHIO

Hello all. I was doing some research and really want to pursue becoming a driver, but I am still unsure if my driving record is going to hold me back in that respect. I have 6 points on my OHIO license, with two charges.

1. Wreckless Op (November 06)
2. Running Stop Sign (June 06)

My question is will this affect me being able to go to a sponsored school and get hired after obtaining my CDL?

I've done some searching but I can't find a super clear answer.

Thanks in advance.

-Bill
Old 01-04-2008, 05:58 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Pre CDL Newbie with reckless op, OHIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderStrat
Hello all. I was doing some research and really want to pursue becoming a driver, but I am still unsure if my driving record is going to hold me back in that respect. I have 6 points on my OHIO license, with two charges.

My question is will this affect me being able to go to a sponsored school and get hired after obtaining my CDL?

Thanks in advance.

-Bill

You were charged with those ,but did you plea baragain them down to a lesser charge ?

A reckless charge is going to be what would stop you from getting hired , As it is highly frowned upon , and you will notice that most companies ask if you have any reckless charges in thast 3,5,7 years depending on the company . The running the stop sign is bad ,but looks terrible right behind that reckless .

However you don't yet have a DAC/USIS file so it's clean , And so long as you have a clean criminal history you might be able to get on at Werner after going through school , As they may take a chance on you being self insured , And you being a student ,which is government money to them . I do know there guys in my orientation back in 2005 that had similar offenses as you less than 3 years old , So as long as you don't have anything else on your driving record in the last 3 years , and no accidents or DUI's and no criminal history atleast not in the recent 5-7 years you might get in at Werner...They wouldn't be my first choice ot 3rd choice ...But if you can get on there ,and keep your DAC/driving record clean you will be able to move in about a year ,as long as you are very carefull ,and don't get any prentables on your dac or speeding tickets added to your existing driving record.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Reckless Op will give you major problems (especially if it was a DUI pleaded down :shock: ) If it was 2006 you might have to wait till 2011 before you will be considered.

I have ran across quite a few companies that accept 2 points, a few that accept 4 never heard of any that will accept 6.

Be carefull handing over $4000+ dollars to a school because some schools will convince you that you will be able to find a job and you will find after they pocket the $$ you cant find one. :sad:
Old 01-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Rookie

It was a reduced charge, but can they find that out? Thanks for the information. I was actually researching Werner. Will it being a reduced charged significantly lessen my chance of getting hired?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Quote:
It was a reduced charge, but can they find that out? Thanks for the information. I was actually researching Werner. Will it being a reduced charged significantly lessen my chance of getting hired?
FENDER STRATS RULE :lol:

Uh...yea, some companies will ask for the original police report. It is all public record anyway in a matter of 30 seconds they can get all that info nowadays.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Rookie

Hell yea they do =)

Thanks for the info man. Guess I'm screwed for awhile in that fall out plan, lol.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I live in Ohio too. A traffic offense will stay on your MVR for 3 years, after the 3 years it falls off. So after 3 years you are technically "clean" according to the MVR. If the wreckless operation was a reduced charge from a DUI that will show up when they do a background check on you. Background checks usually go back 8 years unless you have felonies.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
Quote:
FENDER STRATS RULE :lol:

Uh...yea, some companies will ask for the original police report. It is all public record anyway in a matter of 30 seconds they can get all that info nowadays.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.
Default Re: Pre CDL Newbie with reckless op, OHIO

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

If that's the way you drive a car, I hope you choose a different career than trucking.

-Bill