User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Oh I have videos staring the LTL/Local talent as well with guest appearances from ABF,roadway, And Fed Ex ..."BAD JUDGEMENT" isn't limited to OTR drivers . :wink:
Sometimes it's worse in LTL due to the driver/dockworker philosophy at certain companies (most notably Conway). Be that as it may, I'll stack the safestat score of an LTL carrier against an irregular-route truckload outfit any day of the week. :lol:

It's just that the massive turnover rates at these OTR dweller companies means you have alot of greenhorns out there on the highpay highway. Most of em still have sand from the driving range in their boots. Some remain scared of the big truck and the very shadow it casts. When's the last time you saw a Yellow Freight driver taking 15 pull-ups to put his rig into a spot you could back the space shuttle into?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Oh I have videos staring the LTL/Local talent as well with guest appearances from ABF,roadway, And Fed Ex ..."BAD JUDGEMENT" isn't limited to OTR drivers . :wink:
Sometimes it's worse in LTL due to the driver/dockworker philosophy at certain companies (most notably Conway). Be that as it may, I'll stack the safestat score of an LTL carrier against an irregular-route truckload outfit any day of the week. :lol:

It's just that the massive turnover rates at these OTR dweller companies means you have alot of greenhorns out there on the highpay highway. Most of em still have sand from the driving range in their boots. Some remain scared of the big truck and the very shadow it casts. When's the last time you saw a Yellow Freight driver taking 15 pull-ups to put his rig into a spot you could back the space shuttle into?

Can't argue with that one :lol:
Old 12-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:

Can't argue with that one :lol:

How many times have you seen a Yellow Freight driver pulling a 53 foot trailer with a sleeper?

I agree however that most LTL drivers have more experience that many OTR drivers. The question is how well would that LTL driver be without that experience?

kc0iv