User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How do I handle this one?

I applied at Transport Service Co, went for a formal interview at the nearby terminal and everything seemed to go well. The terminal manager told me to call him in 5 days to make sure I was approved. I called him and was told to call 5 days later, did this and was told again to call 5 days later. Who thinks I am just getting blown off? I have only had 2 jobs in the last 3 years, no tickets and no accidents and have been in the trucking industry almost 7 years. I dont understand all the phone tag this place is putting me through.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I went through this once with an area beer distributor, i kep getting the same thing you are getting until finally several weeks later after all this waiting they decided to tell me that they were going through a slow period and didnt need to hire anyone else...i dont understand companies that wanna lead you along like that

My advice to you is dont sit around and wait, get on the job trail and just hope they call you back before you commit to another company..just give yourself a back up plan and dont sit all your eggs in their basket.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I was hoping to break into tanker side and they are the only ones with a terminal near me. The slow period we are having right now completely slipped my mind but I wish they would just come right out and tell me that they are waiting for things to pick back up before hiring on more drivers.