User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I need some clarification

I just spoke with a recuiter at CFI, he told they are hiring drivers out of California, where I happen to live. But, the school is in Oklahoma, I am just wondering how I can train in OK. and take my test in CA. The recruiter told me he thought i could train in OK and get an OK CDL and have it transferred to CA. Does anybody know if this is accurate ? If so, I would it be worhwhile to train in OK? Or does it really make any difference. I have narrowed my choices down to Schneider, Central Refer., Watkins Shepard, CFI or Stevens transport. I would ideally like to train close to home if possible , but if licensing is not a hassle I would really like to go with Watkins Shepard or CFI, both out of state training.
Any information anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mark
Old 11-21-2007, 04:20 AM

You'll fill out a "temporary residency certificate",with the address of your dorm/motel room as the "home address" on your CDL permit......Once you get through training and get the actual license,you have something like 60 days to transfer it to your actual home state....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:31 AM

Thanks for the reply Flashmann, I would really like to go to school for CFI, but I just want to make sure I'm doing everything the right way.

Mark
Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 PM

I live in Texas and did my training in Missouri.When I got my CDL it was from Missouri.I went back to Texas and changed it over.The only thing is it will ask on your employment application if you have held any license from a different state.Just list the license you had from Oklahoma and that is that.