User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wrote up for late , But can't see why .

I delivered a load a while back from owens corning in santa clara CA to Tolleson AZ ...Load was set to deliver at 0800 I got there at 0730 the consingees time , and the bills were stamped 0800 ... But my Dispatcher put me down as late on this JIT load ...Why Because he is unaware of Arizona not observing DAYLIGHT savings time .

Well this is almost as good as the time He insisted I go from Elkton MD back into Jersey to fetch an mt through morning rush hour traffic then drive back south bound 95 through traffic congestion and construction and add 100 miles to the trip with this rather stupid drive , And despit me telling him this will make P/U up late due to basicly driving a parking lot in terms of traffic and suggesting getting an MT at Sears in route headed south through baltimore he declined ...But yet popped with the late pick up ...
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Was this while you were working for Werner. (Not that it matters), if this was all documented on the Qcom, you shouldnt be charged a late, especially if you document the delays that incurred while you were searching for the MT at you dispatchers direction. Satillite tracking of the truck should also backup any delays you had going from MD-NJ and back.
As far as Arizona, you'd have this documented on Qcom as well, and the best evidence, your signed and time stamped BOL, and you logbook. (especially Werners Paperless). Why would you dispatch be charging you any lates on these loads???
Old 11-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Was this while you were working for Werner. (Not that it matters), if this was all documented on the Qcom, you shouldnt be charged a late, especially if you document the delays that incurred while you were searching for the MT at you dispatchers direction. Satillite tracking of the truck should also backup any delays you had going from MD-NJ and back.
As far as Arizona, you'd have this documented on Qcom as well, and the best evidence, your signed and time stamped BOL, and you logbook. (especially Werners Paperless). Why would you dispatch be charging you any lates on these loads???

Well I never got the chance to really argue the point ...nor did I feel like it seince I had no intention on hanging out there for a career . As for the qualcom the qualcomm doesn't put things in my file my dispatcher does ,and then to have it changed is an act of god at Werner .

Here is one for you I arrived at a shipper (DAILY JUICE) may of 06 in Blawknox PA after I finally got the right dock I was told I ran over a Jersey barrier with my freightliner Century and sent this 6,000 lb chunk of rebar reinforced concrete toppling over after striking it with the nose og my truck ,which is plastic/fiberglass ...Well The truck had not so much as a scratch on it , as I t never hit the Barrier ...well I called safety , and took pictures of the truck ,and barrier , and did an incident review in springfield OH ...The incident was left "UNDETERMINED" and I was told I would be let know what the out come was ...Well they decided to slap me with a preventable despite never reaching a determination , So I had---HAVE--- a file reading "UNDETERMINED" , but charged with a preventable...
Old 11-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

first he is a werner reject, now he can't deliver on time...another company bites the dust and it is all there fault.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
first he is a werner reject, now he can't deliver on time...another company bites the dust and it is all there fault.

"jedfxg"...for know I will reference you as ...SKID MARK ... :wink:
Old 11-21-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
Obviously you must not have read his whole story.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 PM

i read it, paid little attention. i would imagine there is ALOT more to the story...poor werner reject.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well I never got the chance to really argue the point ...nor did I feel like it seince I had no intention on hanging out there for a career .
Never got the chance to argue the point, What are you talking about? When the incidents occurred, you had all the chance then to "argue" the point. IMO...what is to argue. You have hard evidence in both situations of the "mistake" from you FM. Whether you are staying at Werner...(or as you like to call them the "W")...or not your career is Truck Driving not Werner, you need to protect your record, after all it is yours. The lates are charged against you and you have evidence that proves otherwise. This follows you from driving job to driving job, assuming they are reported on your DAC. Even if not Werner is a reference for any future employment, whether you like it or not.

Your situation with the Century vices Jersey Barrier. Beats me what happen or how to correct it. Again thought, you have "evidence" that you didnt hit the Jersey Barrier but are not taking action to keep your record clean. Werner and ANY company will find the easy way out of incidents accidents, etc. If a driver can be found at fault, thats where its going to go.
You are no longer employed at the "W". What can I tell you or even suggest, you are a grown mature man (except for the games you like to play on you CB), you have the ability to keep your reputation clean, yet you seem to want to take the easy way out of a situation and hope it gets sweeped under the carpet. Start clearing your name.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Quote:
Well I never got the chance to really argue the point ...nor did I feel like it seince I had no intention on hanging out there for a career .
Never got the chance to argue the point, What are you talking about? When the incidents occurred, you had all the chance then to "argue" the point. IMO...what is to argue. You have hard evidence in both situations of the "mistake" from you FM. Whether you are staying at Werner...(or as you like to call them the "W")...or not your career is Truck Driving not Werner, you need to protect your record, after all it is yours. The lates are charged against you and you have evidence that proves otherwise. This follows you from driving job to driving job, assuming they are reported on your DAC. Even if not Werner is a reference for any future employment, whether you like it or not.

Your situation with the Century vices Jersey Barrier. Beats me what happen or how to correct it. Again thought, you have "evidence" that you didnt hit the Jersey Barrier but are not taking action to keep your record clean. Werner and ANY company will find the easy way out of incidents accidents, etc. If a driver can be found at fault, thats where its going to go.
You are no longer employed at the "W". What can I tell you or even suggest, you are a grown mature man (except for the games you like to play on you CB), you have the ability to keep your reputation clean, yet you seem to want to take the easy way out of a situation and hope it gets sweeped under the carpet. Start clearing your name.

well the lates do not go on a DAC reprt I've seen my DAC ,and no they are not on it ...However the Jersey Century VS Jersey wall is ,and in order to debate it I have to write a very lengthy request into safety department for reviiew to get a chance at having it removed through Werner ....I'm currently writing the letter , because I don't like explaning the incident to employers when it never occoured . As for the rest of the "Hard" evidence ...LOL ...there is no such thing at a company like this when it comes to hard evidence ...For instance I had load with a stop picking up at Igloo in Katy Texas I was late to the p/u but not really b/c when I got to igloo on monday it turns out Customer Service never re-schedueled for pick up for this monday after the origional driver picked up on the previous friday , and just recycled the origional P/U number and gave it to me with the new pick up time for monday...Result no loads were booked out bound at igloo for that monday at igloo in Katy TX ...And I was late , and due to HOS reasons that I couldn't prevent and documented VIA qual-com ...However you really can't be late when there isn't a load waiting for you at all anyway ...And Igloo requires 24hr notioce to scheduele a ld ...So I sat in Katy for whole day ....And got told this was my fault ....I don't recall working in customer service and not setting up a load with igloo...However this incident was placed on me .
Old 11-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Senior Board Member