User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default truckers look out

oh my gosh, look out!! nafta? mexican drivers? high fuel/ bull shirt. the is more freight than we could ever possibly move. we do need a raise. but. we ain't gonna get it until john q citizen really feels it in his pocket. take a few minutes and talk to a mexican driver. he ain't happy. he is getting screwed asn bad as all the rest of this industry. he don't wanna run up here any more than we wanna run there. give the man a freakin' break. he was happier when he had more home time. yer poor milaes and poor pay ain't because some driver was sent where you are at. duh, be real, driver. the main reason we are getting paid so low is our own darn fault. our companies make a contract to haul their product for a certain price which includes fuel increases. they never guessed how high the prices would go tho. does the U.S.A. hurt everyone or just a small segment? forget truckin. think freight haulin'. without us the whole world stops!!! it is against the law for us to stop haulin freight. duh. ronald raygun made 9t so. the only way we can strike is to agree with our local unions, ooida, local companies, and our own concieuse??? whatever to not haul freight on a certaqin day. it will be different for each driver. imagine if the industry had to deal with late loads for a week?? as a driver all you need to do is be late for 3 p/u and 3 dels. all during only a month. if every driver was late only 3 time but was during a month, well shucks we get it there on time but be late for loading, think about it.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Could you picture companies Like Swift or werner Unionized ... :lol:
Old 11-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

here we go again.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Senior Board Member

OK, I'm starting a union. Your dues are $5.00 when I receive everyone's dues, I'll kick it off. Hurry up and send your money.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
here I go again ON my OWN Like a drifter I was born to walk alone walking down the only road JEDFXG has ever known...
Old 11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Senior Board Member

As if a Union has any impact on the industry. Here's what happens. Drivers want to unionize, company fire's em, then hire non-union drivers.
End of story.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Ronald Reagan didn't make it illegal for truckers to go on strike. He fired the Air Traffic Controllers when they went on strike because it was against the law for government workers to strike. He did give them an opportunity to go back to work before terminating them. As a driver you can go on strike any time you want. As a group, I think union workers are less productive than non-union. That is one reason so much of our industry has gone abroad. That and over government regulation. If everyone was paid on performance, many would starve. If you aren't happy with your company or wages, you have a choice. You can find a company who pays more or start your own company. If you think union workers are more productive, just go to some of the major steel mills. Unless a worker is productive and makes money for the company who employs them, the company doesn't need them. When you work for a company you should understand that your wages are only part of your total compensation. If your company pays for your insurance or retirement that is also part of your total compensation. If your company takes out Social Security Tax on your check, your company matches that Tax. When you work for a carrier and are paid by the mile, then you are paid on your performance. The more miles you run, the bigger your paycheck. When you are paid by the hour, you are paid the same wages for running 100 miles as 1,000. There is no incentive for you to do more. It seems to me when I have been around union workers, they still complain about their wages and having to work too hard. I think the best thing that could happen to this country is to put everyone on production. You want a raise, then produce more. It is up to you to give yourself a raise. Produce less, your paycheck is smaller. Imagine what would happen if government workers were put on production. Man, we could reduce our government workforce in no time. :wink:
Old 11-20-2007, 03:08 PM

HMMMM,

Makes me think of those 8 road workers standing around one small hole in the road, all looking down into the pothole, leaning on thier shovels.

our tax dollars at work, so how many road workers does it really take to fill a pothole.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Start with Congress better yet the White House. George W has spent more days on Vaction at the ranch than any other president in the history of the nation and we are at WAR in 2 nations. Shows that Cheney is really running this country you never hear of him being on vacation except for that time he shot his Lawyer friend in the face.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:27 PM

on a different note I have always wondered what would happen if every truck driver in the USA. stopped thier trucks on any given monday at 6 AM , you know, shoulder to shoulder, all across the damn freeway, every exit blocked, pull out the orange triangles, and just park for 4 hours.

The trucking industry would make the news in a real hurry. I have thought of this not for problems in the trucking industry, but to make a point to all those damn 4 wheelers that are in such a big hurry.

HEY A**HOLE!!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE AT LEAST 4 HOURS LATE PLUS THE TIME FOR THE TRAFFIC TO GET MOVING AGAIN. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We could pull out the bbq and a deck of cards

Only bad thing is, emergency vehicles couldn't get through, oh well, people die every day.