User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default LTL local pick up and delivery question.

I know there is an LTL thread here somewhere but just wanted to ask if anyone here knows about how many stops per hour are LTL guys expected to make? Say for instance at Conway.
I used to work for Federal Express as a shuttle driver and a warehouse-do it all guy- but never got to be a local driver because I realized after almost 2 years of working there, I did not want to get all stressed out with all the stops and deliveries that had to be made. Plus, I honestly didn't think it was for me. I am TERRIBLE with remembering directions and planning a route. lol
Figures now, FedEx and other companies have mapping/scheduled stop route systems that do it all for you. lol
Thanks for any input.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: LTL local pick up and delivery question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamspeed
I know there is an LTL thread here somewhere but just wanted to ask if anyone here knows about how many stops per hour are LTL guys expected to make?
Where I work, the minimum is 1.5 stops per hour and 2.0 bills per hour.

I generally average about 2.0 stops per hour. However, I am on a bid-run and work the same area every day. I can move alot quicker since I know where everything is, what customers are fast/slow, shortcuts, streets to avoid, etc. I average about 75 miles per day on my route. Usually clock in 8-9 hours. More in the summer when guys call off. Sometimes less in the winter months after Xmas.

The focus in LTL is normally on bills per hour (BPH) since that's where the money's made. The goal at our barn is 2.3 BPH.