User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Semi-funny story( it's a pun, get it)

Well...........I started working locally for a company driving a peanut. They are going to help me get my CDL.

I live in a small town in eastern TN. and I have been driving one of their class A trucks around the block to get used to shifting, but I have never pulled a trailer.

The town is hosting the Santa Train this weekend and town council wanted to use our flatbed trailer as a podium. Our OTR driver (who is training me) is on a overnight run and I was contacted to deliver the trailer.

All day is was going over how I was going to do this and dreading it. So, when I got back from my run today the truck was hooked up and ready for me to run it to our local train station.

I get the thing to the destination hit practically every curb in town and they want me to back this thing up to another flat bed. I try to get a mental game plan and go for it. Talk about embarrassing. It took me at least 12 attempts to get them together right. I bet I turned the wheel 400 times.

And it is true, once you relax and not think about it, it will all fall into place. I learned alot from just this one task. Hopefully I will not forget.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Semi-funny story( it's a pun, get it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebo072
I get the thing to the destination hit practically every curb in town
LOL i could picture this part in my head. Dont worry we all been there. Look on the good side better a curb then a car. :wink:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 PM

Why are you driving without a CDL or a trainer? You could have killed someone.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farder
oh jesus why do you people ALWAYS feel the need to have some smart ass comment????? Simply having a CDL doesn't mean you're not always at risk of killing someone. How many times have we heard stories of a driver (whose been driving for 40 years) wrecking his truck and killing someone. yeah sure he’s inexperienced driver blah blah blah BLAH BLAH
The first company my dad drove for....when he started working for them he was a dock loader...one day his boss said "can you drive a truck" dad said never have, but i'll give it a shot...his boss through the keys at him...my dad jumped in a drove 200 miles! The next week he went to DMV and got his chauffeur license.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make his all you guys who like to give newer drivers hell all the time seem to forget that you too were once a new driver. Some also seem to forget that back in the day most people didn't go to a cdl mill then ride with a trainer for weeks and weeks. Most people, like my dad jumped in and burned the road up!(oh and did I mention before he died this year, he drove for over 30 years with 3 MILLION SAFE miles?!?!)

So lay off this guy. So big freakin deal he pulled a flat bad a few miles down the road.

Farder, you sound biter...maybe you need to go make love to yourself?
[/b]
Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ81
Quote:
Originally Posted by farder
oh jesus why do you people ALWAYS feel the need to have some smart ass comment????? Simply having a CDL doesn't mean you're not always at risk of killing someone. How many times have we heard stories of a driver (whose been driving for 40 years) wrecking his truck and killing someone. yeah sure he’s inexperienced driver blah blah blah BLAH BLAH
The first company my dad drove for....when he started working for them he was a dock loader...one day his boss said "can you drive a truck" dad said never have, but i'll give it a shot...his boss through the keys at him...my dad jumped in a drove 200 miles! The next week he went to DMV and got his chauffeur license.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make his all you guys who like to give newer drivers hell all the time seem to forget that you too were once a new driver. Some also seem to forget that back in the day most people didn't go to a cdl mill then ride with a trainer for weeks and weeks. Most people, like my dad jumped in and burned the road up!(oh and did I mention before he died this year, he drove for over 30 years with 3 MILLION SAFE miles?!?!)

So lay off this guy. So big freakin deal he pulled a flat bad a few miles down the road.

Farder, you sound biter...maybe you need to go make love to yourself?
[/b]

Wow. What crawled up your ass? Just because your dad drove a truck illegaly without an accident for 200 miles is irrelevent anyway.

The opening poster said he had NO CDL and yet chose to drive it ILLEGALLY anyway without a trainer present. He also said he ran over EVERY curb in town! I HARDLY gave him a hard time as you seem to imply I did. I just questioned his judgement. Of course YOU being the ACE SWIFT driver that you are, got offended. No surprise there.

And as far as me having sex with myself, I probably will do that while your moms genital warts are clearing up.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member

HAHAHAHA - I see a locked post coming
Old 11-16-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
HAHAHAHA - I see a locked post coming
Could be, but when someone attacks ME, they WILL get it back.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Senior Board Member

:lol: :lol: this is gettin good

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Board Regular

i agree the post will be locked but that was wrong of the driver and his company to allow him to drive without having a cdl holder in the jump seat. the only time i drove a truck without the trainer with me before i got my cdl was when he had to go to the doctor and i was at the terminal had to get fuel then park the truck NEVER left the yard. if the person would have hit lets say a car or something and it was my car, id do everything in my power to shut the company down for being stupid
Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 AM

OK..........................Here is he deal.

I have my CDL permit. I have been driving said truck with the trainer for about a month give or take. Haven't worked up to the trailer yet, just got my shifting down.

There were other employees there at work they could have asked anyone, but I had the training.

Your taking the curb thing way too serious....... I hit maybe 4, 1 of these curbs twice LOL. I drove it maybe 100 yards up the road.

I made 2 full turns to get there!!!!!

I implore you, no lives were in danger on this " outlaw trucking run " LOL

It was just a funny little story I thought you cats would enjoy.

I just hope my dastardly deed doesn't end up on CNN.

Thanks for your concern fader.