User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldisnotenough
Also if you get to an open parking lot at a truck stop or whatever and park in the pull through. Pull all the way forward so that the rear of your trailer clears the line so that when you wake up and it is night you don't find out that because you didn't pull forward 2 more feet another driver was not able to park which means he could be driving tired! Oh and don't drive tired. And never disagree with Skywalker because you don't want him to slap you with his limp sword!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You have accepted your training well, Grasshopper!! 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Board Regular

If I may slip in a few words edgeways....something that really pisses me off is truck drivers who tailgate, even when you're in the granny lane ; the chief offenders being gravel trucks. Do not resort to this practice, and if you're at the receiving end, do not get flustered....just stay calm, and drive as you normally would, at, or slightly below the speed limit, subject to your truck's capability.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Board Regular

one thing about rookies actually most of us is getting lost in a major city and comming up to roads that say no trucks or low bridges. I remember when I first started driving, I at times would get so fustrated cause of how some of the signs are in the northeast and end up driving around for a while trying to figure out how to get turned around. If you get a gps make sure its for trucks like truck co pilot 9 and set it for 53 ft trailers and national network and that should keep you out of trouble but like the one person said use your atlas