User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt
he also said more truck drivers get killed by their own gun than by a assailants gun.
This is almost always true. Most normal people are afraid to shoot someone. If I can get within six feet of you I can take your firearm away from you before you even know what happened unless you have been trained in close combat.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I don't remember the exact statistics but if someone confronts you with a gun and you run, they will miss hitting you 8 times out of 10. Out of those 2 times they do hit you, not one will be a fatal shot.

When a trained police officer does the same they will hit you 5 times out of 10 and only 2 will be a bullet that brings you down.

When in the heat of the battle there are not too many people who can shoot like they do at the range.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Mace should do it! And an 'Im a crazy trucker that will tie you up and drag your ass under the trailer all night to scatter your body over 4 states look in your face!' :lol: Or just tell em that!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Senior Board Member

a good supply of trojans is my self protection. if the shipper will not give me a bol ot reciever won't sign well to bad. if the truck stop short changes me i speak out. if the shower is dirty i complain. i am a truck driver. i carry someone elses freight. if ya want it it is yours, duh! i am not a trained security person. i am not carring my nations security in my trailer, shucks it is just a load of beef, you want it you can have it, duh! be aware of your surrondings don't flash money, act like you belong, treat folks fair, what is there to worry about. if you get involved with drugs or lizards there ain't no weapon gonna keep you safe from either the crooks or the law, period!!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt
he also said more truck drivers get killed by their own gun than by a assailants gun.
This is almost always true. Most normal people are afraid to shoot someone. If I can get within six feet of you I can take your firearm away from you before you even know what happened unless you have been trained in close combat.
These are both rediculous statements. Liberals always use this excuse as a reason not to own guns. A bad guy can try to take my gun if he wants to die.

The correct distance is 21 feet, speaking of reaction time. Then you better be trained in unarmed combat if you expect to win.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Board Regular

21 feet may the be average effective range of a saturday night special but you better be closer than that if you want to take me down before I get off a shot.

If you are within six feet of an assailant you can rush them and close that distance before they can react with an accurate shot (if they do not know how to properly hold a weapon in close combat). Even a common gang banger could get off a few shots with an auto before you could cover 21 feet.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Self protection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARM
I know it's illegal to carry a firearm in a truck and I know most knives bigger than your palm are illegal, but what do you all use for protection? I'm not looking to use a weapon against someone, but right now I'm parked on a dark side street in downtown Washington DC and there have been a homeless guy and a crackhead strolling past my truck so far tonight. I can take care of myself for the most part, but truckers are sometimes put in shady situations like the one I find myself currently in. Baseball bats? Mace? Tire iron?
I have an armed guard with me
Old 10-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
I know it's illegal to carry a firearm in a truck and I know most knives bigger than your palm are illegal, but what do you all use for protection? I'm not looking to use a weapon against someone, but right now I'm parked on a dark side street in downtown Washington DC and there have been a homeless guy and a crackhead strolling past my truck so far tonight. I can take care of myself for the most part, but truckers are sometimes put in shady situations like the one I find myself currently in. Baseball bats? Mace? Tire iron?
and a backup guard
Old 10-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and a backup guard

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle
21 feet may the be average effective range of a saturday night special but you better be closer than that if you want to take me down before I get off a shot.

If you are within six feet of an assailant you can rush them and close that distance before they can react with an accurate shot (if they do not know how to properly hold a weapon in close combat). Even a common gang banger could get off a few shots with an auto before you could cover 21 feet.
This is with a firearm holstered, unless you walk around with your firearm drawn and ready to shoot. If somesone managed to take my pistol, guess what, turn around is fair play, I can now take it from him and shoot him with his own (my) pistol. Or we can just take it from each other all day and neither of us would be hurt.