Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle
I once did alot of hiring when I managed a delivery department. I always treated the guys well and expected a proper notice when they were leaving. I also made it a policy to never hire a person who was currently employed if they told me they could start immediately. It is a shame to possibly loose a good job reference over a couple weeks of work.

Yeah, I'd never higher anyone who was available immediately :roll: :roll: :roll:

Also if someone is currently employed and the schedule doesnt interfere what is the problem. I worked 2 jobs, 7 days a week for 9 years and it didnt conflict.

Probably why alot of people who are qualified are passed over for illegals these days.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle
I once did alot of hiring when I managed a delivery department. I always treated the guys well and expected a proper notice when they were leaving. I also made it a policy to never hire a person who was currently employed if they told me they could start immediately. It is a shame to possibly loose a good job reference over a couple weeks of work.

Yeah, I'd never higher anyone who was available immediately :roll: :roll: :roll:

Also if someone is currently employed and the schedule doesnt interfere what is the problem. I worked 2 jobs, 7 days a week for 9 years and it didnt conflict.

Probably why alot of people who are qualified are passed over for illegals these days.
If someone came to me for a part time job it was no problem. But if a guy wanted a full time job and was planning to leave the other job with no notice I figured he'd do the same to me and pass on him and go to the next one in line. I couldn't hire an illegal if I wanted to. We had to verify SSN for everyone we hired.

Anybody who thinks its ok to just leave a job with no notice has probably never been a manager and had to deal with the fallout.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Board Regular

[quote="Joethemechanic"] (EDITED) [quote]

Real mature advice, Grow up.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I requested my usual hometime, took the truck to the company's dropyard near my house, cleaned it out, and started my LTL job on Monday. My fleet manager called me up and asked "Where are you? I've got you pre-planned on a load." I told him I quit and had another job. He said "You can't do that." I said "I just did." CLICK!!!

Of course, I had the luxury of doing that because I knew I would NEVER drive OTR again. And the joy I recieved from laughing up my sleeve at their rage was well worth it!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 10-18-2007, 01:58 AM

(EDITED)
Old 10-18-2007, 04:04 PM

I'm sitting here, a bit shocked and amazed after reading the two posts by Joe on this thread.

I am having a hard time believing someone is on this board telling others how to vandalize equipment, the sad thing is that it's right there in black and white.

I've seen and heard some pretty underhanded things over the years but this jumps right up there near the top of the list.

Perhaps the Moderators haven't seen these posts yet? I'm not a Mod, and don't want to be one, but if I were these posts would be gone in a heartbeat and the one who wrote them would be banned.

Posting things such as this on a message board is highly inappropriate, dangerous, and borders on being criminal.

Don't come back saying 'it was a joke'. There are things that just should not be joked about. Destroying expensive equipment that belongs to someone else is one of those things.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Joking or not, some of the advice on this post was pretty over the line. You never know when someone might actually take up with one of those ideas and do it, costing time, money, and possibly endangering lives.

:shock: :roll:

Anyway, the poster got his original question answered, so we'll just mosey on along now.

Closed Thread