User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb
I would reccomend cfi/conway to train and get your year but they are becomming a training company like swift, schneider, etc.
A 'training company'? In that they train you, or a CDL farm? I haven't heard anything but positive about CFI.Con-way...except for the post right above mine, but I have heard from several drivers who found my blog, and they stated that it's a great company to work for, and they treat their employees right. (Believe me, after years of near-abuse working at THIS employer, I'm READY to be treated right!)
Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Rookie
Default Thanks for the input

Thanks for the information. From my research they have a lot more positive post that anyone else that I have seen. I had talked to a Swift recruiter and then look for information on them and it was all negative and worse. I don’t expect everything to be roses but I do expect to be treated right. I can stay with my present position and be treated bad.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

CFI is by no means a cdl farm. I do not feel they treat their drivers with as much respect since the merger.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb
CFI is by no means a cdl farm. I do not feel they treat their drivers with as much respect since the merger.
OK, thanks. I didn't mean to infer that, just asking for info.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Rookie
Default Good company or bad.

Gentlemen, consider this; In any division of the industry where carriers compete for the same freight and operate the same; they ARE the same. You will only get a real difference when you change divisions. As a rule, a given outfit in a division is AFRAID to operate differently than the next guy.

Several companies run multiple divisions such as Schnider. They may or may not be a company to work for if a man wanted to check a few different divisions if they will let you. You would probably get to keep your health insurance and 401K without an interruption.

I could go on and on but here is MY OPINION on who to work for. 1. Union misc freight. Good luck very hard to get. 2. Contract mail carrier. Excellent money. No benefits but you can afford to pay your own. They MUST pay you what the run pays as determined by USPS. 3. Almost any private carrier. Which is a company that hauls it's own products.

Enough babbling. Good luck with it.