User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Alliance Tractor Trailer Training Center

I woke up Sunday morning to Drive to the school. Arrived in my hotel which was about 1 mile from the school. I could of stayed right across the the street from the school in the hotel, but it was 20 dollars a week more and im a cheap skate:-P My first day we got to meet the instructors Mr. Hoback, Mr. Gregory, and Mr. Billard. We was told what would happen in the next couple weeks.

1st week.. we studed DMV handbook, watched movies, and took quizes.
It wasn't so bad if you just read what they give you a few times till you got it memoriezied its a pretty easy. The tell you what to outline and what will porbably appear on your written examine. Which pretty much everything that they go over is in the written test.

On that first week friday you dont come to school. You go to a dmv in your state. For West Virginia we had to go to charlestown since you need a testing card in order to take your test. So once you get that you go to the dmv. take your test. Bam.. I passed all my test, but doubles and triples. I didnt pass d&t cause i was just 2 nervous and read them to fast. lol. then there was My Permit.. Shawing.. The platinum card to the highway.

I returned back to my hotel room pretty happy. excited to return next week. I just relaxed the rest of the weekend and did some sight seeing.

Week 2 & 3: I arrive back at school. The instructors find out who passed and who failed. The sent the people that failed over to another building to help them pass it. Then for us they Said Lets Go. I was like go where. They was like I dont know your driving.. I was like Our you shitting me. He was like, No come on get your stuff and lets go I need a cup of coffee. So I hopped up in big rig.. Set behind the drivers seat The instructor explained the controls and the shifting. He Said. Start it up and lets go a ride around the parking lot. So i was doing ok.. shifting and everything. so on the second loop around he said lets go and pointed towards the gate exit of the property. I was Like Oh my gosh what the hell did i get myself into. Well we started out parking lot and hit the highway. I did good on the interstate, but boy when i hit that off ramp hold on to your seat boys its going to be a bumpy ride. Drove around for about hr or 2.. when i got done.. I said how good did I do. He said well I didnt die. then Mr. Hoback. said nah.. you didnt do that bad for it being your first time. then he told me I was going to make a good driver, that i wouldnt have any problems.

Next day, We practiced backing and turning.. It wasnt to bad.. Backing i found kind of easy cause it was simple math. Did that first half day then back to driving on the road. That day I got Mr. Billard.. aka known to the students Mr. Bookard. This instructor was alright but no person i would want seating in the seat next to me on the 2nd day. He would set there holding the jake brake boy was he on the edge of his seat. Look liked he wanted to jump out or scream one of the 2. Dont get me wrong he goes by the book. i mean by the Book to the T Its good if you want practice driving with a person like the DMV Insaminer, but a nightmare for a person just starting to drive. Constantly Asking questions always adding things in that wasnt in the book. Trying to get you to mess up.. Every time i road with him I was about to flip.. I did one day.. though.. was like Mr. Billard I know what to do would you please get your hand off that damn Brake. Im not going to wreck you. He kind of slacked off of me the rest of time i was there. Mr. Gregory boy oh boy.. he can teach you the basics of changing a gear as easy as oh baby learning to play tic tac toe.
He was Pretty laid back type of guy. Didnt speak much for example. I messed up making a left turn damn volvos and there touchy clutch.:P I stalled it in a big intersection. He stayed calm the whole time while i started the truck again put in gear and got out of that intersection. As I pulled away I was Like why didnt you get a Jurastic, like Mr. Billard would, he said I was about to shit seeing those trucks stopping like that, but if I would have you wouldnt have gotten use out of that intersection. I whipped my head I was like thanks, cause I about did too.

Week 4: Monday was taken school driving test I scored very well.
Tuesday was Final practice in areas you want to improve before
DMV examination.
Wednesday Big day.. DMV examinations.. Thanks to the teachers
and studing I was ready and did fairly well. The dmv guy
Doesnt say a thing, If you go under a birdge better be telling the
height if you go over one you better be telling them the weight.
Tell him all the signs and conditions that apply to you as a driver.
If not he is goinig to be deducting points. Thats where driving with
Mr. Billard paid off.
Thursday I graduated. Woot baby woot. I graduated with 83.9 Got
got some Perfect scores. I also Graduated Third In My Class.
For some reason though I was the only one with My CDLs that
day that graduated. The 2 people ahead of me wasn't tested yet.

Anyways.. Its a great School. and you will some good laughs to remember when you leave. I give a speacial thanks to the people with Alliance. Some great trainers.