User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider
Well as I said I need the experience so if I have to sacrifice for 3-6 months to do the career I have always wanted then so be it.

I am not taking the advice for granted and it is not that I am ignoring you guys. I just need to get to work NOW! and I have no money to pay for school.

If I want to wait 2-3 Months to get to work I have some other choices but why wait when I could already have 2 Months of experience instead of sitting at home not making money and letting the mortgage get further and furhter behind.

You know what I mean?

Yeah but you will be getting crapola experience, why not try Schneider if you want better training, equipment and miles.

Trust us, CR is not worth the hassle.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Rookie

I treid Schneider they are willing to hire me but they said the paperwork takes 2-3 weeks then they will schedule me for a class which will probably be another 3 weeks from that point.

I just can't afford to sit and not make any money. No matter where I go in after CR England if I do is going to make me go through their training because of having less then a year.

So I will get double training but at least I will be getting paid. I was in the corporate world before this so I am a fast learner and can read contracts with the best of them. I will not let them get me into anything I can not get out of.

I really do appreciate all the information. Forums like this are unbelievable sources for information. I look forward to being able to meet with old-timers all over the country and start my real learning.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Just type CR England in the search feature and you will see what these guys are talking about.

If I didn't do the research on all of the different companies I might be with them right now. You will see that there are NO good things said about CRE.

The only thing I have heard is RUN RUN RUN.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I treid Schneider they are willing to hire me but they said the paperwork takes 2-3 weeks then they will schedule me for a class which will probably be another 3 weeks from that point.

I just can't afford to sit and not make any money. No matter where I go in after CR England if I do is going to make me go through their training because of having less then a year.

So I will get double training but at least I will be getting paid. I was in the corporate world before this so I am a fast learner and can read contracts with the best of them. I will not let them get me into anything I can not get out of.

I really do appreciate all the information. Forums like this are unbelievable sources for information. I look forward to being able to meet with old-timers all over the country and start my real learning.

So just because you think you'll get with CRE you are going to get some kind of great training? If you are that desperate to get into this profession, you better learn to be patient, or you will be sadly disapointed.

Slow down, go to another company, but dont make it CR England, you will be screwed in the most painful way if you do go with CRE. Just be prepared to be pressured and be prepared to suffer if you go with these nitwits.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Board Regular

Quote:

If you are in that bad of a financial shape that you can't afford to sit for six weeks for a better opportunity than now is not the time to get into trucking.Trucking is not a magic way to earn a lot of money. In fact,it can do the complete opposite if you go with the wrong carrier. Wait a little longer and try Schneider if they said they will hire you. Either that or try Gordon trucking in Wa. Marten might not be a bad choice either starting out. When people rush into something that is usually when they make bad decisions.Another thing,as a new driver it would be best to stay with the same company for at least one year. Changing carriers every 3 months will not make your job history look good.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Board Regular

oh great here we go again another damm hard head that know's it all hey guys just let him go ahead and go with CRE then come back in 3 to 6 month's tell you all how right you was.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:56 AM
Rookie

How many times do I need to say this:

I KNOW YOU ARE CORRECT!

I AM NOT SAYING I KNOW BETTER

I KNOW I AM TAKING A HUGE RISK

I HAVE SAID I APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE

If we could meet in person I would kneel down and kiss your feet but I can't. What else can I say. A forum is a place to come and ask questions and get suggestions. If I wanted to be beat into submission I would stay home with the wife.

I know that CR England is the Anti-Christ in your opinions. I am sure you are all justified in those opinions. I also know people who like it there. This is no different than people hating other companies.

And I have already said that if it does not work out I will leave and go else where. I am not trying to make riches off this job I was making much more in corporate america.

I am looking to break into the trucking field and make enough to feed my family until I can move onto something better. Actually, a part of me wants CR England to be a good experience just so someone on this board has something neutral to say.

AT LEAST I AM NOT GOING TO WORK FOR JB HUNT.....

Old 08-26-2007, 04:05 AM
Senior Board Member

I want you to talk to my neighbor down the street from me. He would not listen to people when they told him not to go to CRE and now he has went bankrupt and was homeless for several months because he was not getting ANY money from CRE. He worked there for a full year. Now, he has been trying to go to a different company but everyone wants him to retrain. They all know that CRE training is not good enough. You came on here asking our advise and now you will not even take it! Why do we bother??
Old 08-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Rookie

I was asking for opinions. If I wanted the board to actually make my decision for me I would have set up a poll.

Now see that post is more useful then any thus far. I have heard a lot of things negative about CRE however, from my research and asking on 4-5 different forums everyone hates CRE because of their lease.

This is the first I have heard of someone going broke as a Company Driver? I was told by a guy who drives for them not to refuse loads and that if you do the dispatchers will punish you by not giving you loads.

He said that as long as you keep the dispatchers happy you will haverage 2700 - 3500 miles per week.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:16 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="KnightRider"]I was asking for opinions. If I wanted the board to actually make my decision for me I would have set up a poll.

Now see that post is more useful then any thus far. I have heard a lot of things negative about CRE however, from my research and asking on 4-5 different forums everyone hates CRE because of their lease.

This is the first I have heard of someone going broke as a Company Driver? I was told by a guy who drives for them not to refuse loads and that if you do the dispatchers will punish you by not giving you loads.

He said that as long as you keep the dispatchers happy you will haverage 2700 - 3500 miles per week.[/quote

All I will say is good luck!!