User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DAC question

quick question...Around 2002, I drove for a local thrift store. I would go to local communities and pick up clothes, toys, lamps, etc. The training I received was inadequate to say the least; I did damage the truck trying to go under a low underpass. The truck was not a rig but was more on the style of a 19' Uhual. This job required no special CDL endorsements, it was an automatic. I was fired for this, but my question is would/could this possible be on my DAC report. I will contact the DAC tomorrow but was wondering if anyone could give me any info about this?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Doubtful. Usually the mega carriers use DAC.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Rookie

If it was a reported accident (i.e. law enforcement) it most definitely will show up on your MVR if not on DAC. If the company is a small family owned company, I highly doubt they report to DAC.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Board Regular

You won't see it on your DAC. The DAC is a record of all employment as a driver in a Class-A or Class-B vehicle for a large-scale motor carrier. If a police officer filed a report of the accident, then you will see it in your MVR. Since there has been about 5 years between now and the time of the accident, you should be in good shape when applying for a driving job with a company. They will want you to produce all information of your driving or other work history for the past 10 years, so include that you had this accident and you should be ok.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Rak
You won't see it on your DAC. The DAC is a record of all employment as a driver in a Class-A or Class-B vehicle for a large-scale motor carrier. If a police officer filed a report of the accident, then you will see it in your MVR. Since there has been about 5 years between now and the time of the accident, you should be in good shape when applying for a driving job with a company. They will want you to produce all information of your driving or other work history for the past 10 years, so include that you had this accident and you should be ok.
If the company reports to DAC and they reported it to them then it WILL be on there. The only way something gets on your DAC, that I am aware of, is if the company that you worked for reports it to them. If not, then it will only be on your MVR.